California and back August 2010

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well.... aside from that.... hehehe
Kidding too, gurpeee

Sorry, you'll have to reassess your definition of the words "tagging along" when every else has had the chance to stop, pee, have a drink, and a granola bar.......while awaiting your arrival around the latest section of bends......

:p

lol, jk it wasn't that bad......?

:spank:

But nonetheless it is a valid point that for the last day we were together and the roads the windiest you were the only one still loaded like a mule since I'd dropped most my kit off in Santa Barbara.

krid80

journeyman of epic status
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Sorry, you'll have to reassess your definition of the words "tagging along" when every else has had the chance to stop, pee, have a drink, and a granola bar.......while awaiting your arrival around the latest section of bends......

:p

lol, jk it wasn't that bad......?

:spank:

But nonetheless it is a valid point that for the last day we were together and the roads the windiest you were the only one still loaded like a mule since I'd dropped most my kit off in Santa Barbara.

I was riding slow on purpose. Hard to take it all in when all you are looking at is the road.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was riding slow on purpose. Hard to take it all in when all you are looking at is the road.

Also hard to look at the road when you come around a corner with no guardrail and a jaw-dropping landscape behind the 1000 foot drop!

Personally I prefer:

(engine)
*WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA*

(rider shoulder check to landscape in split second between apex and apex)
*holy****thatsbeautiful*

(engine)

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Also hard to look at the road when you come around a corner with no guardrail and a jaw-dropping landscape behind the 1000 foot drop!

Personally I prefer:

(engine)

(rider shoulder check to landscape in split second between apex and apex)
*holy****thatsbeautiful*

(engine)

I do totally understand that mindset as well, and if where I lived the only corners were clover leaf interchanges on the freeway, I would probably have behaved similarly.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
hahah

I had to take full advantage of it while I was out there. Learned a huge lesson about packing useless **** for a big trip. I could have cut out more than half that weight and had a proper sporty experience.

Lesson learned.

Next year I'm upgrading though.

FJR mofo.

Big boys need big bikes. It's just the nature of things.

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks that was a fantastic adventure on the mighty FZ6. I rode with Vegas Rider Kenny for 150 miles or so after you departed him on the trip and had a blast. I hope to head down south next year for some fun with all the FZ6 riders. :thumbup::thumbup:

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
Changed the oil today. I had just shy of 500 miles on the oil when I set out, and changed it today at 5,315 miles on the current oil. It was dark but not black. Still showed a bit of amber in it. Not too shabby. The bike has always used Yamalube conventional oil and filters from Yamaha as well. Looks way worse in this picture than it did in person. Probably because of the flash.

39fc78ec.jpg

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So you really getting an FJR?!

See the Sprint GT thread I posted. I was thinking of an FJR but was hesitant because of the sheer size of it.

I think I'm set on the new sprint though.

The FZ6 is amazing and versatile, but 15 day trips with a big rider is REALLY starting to get out of its range. Some of those miles felt like work. Im excited like a schoolgirl about the new sprint though. The local dealer said he'd have one early october for me to see.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
See the Sprint GT thread I posted. I was thinking of an FJR but was hesitant because of the sheer size of it.

I think I'm set on the new sprint though.

The FZ6 is amazing and versatile, but 15 day trips with a big rider is REALLY starting to get out of its range. Some of those miles felt like work. Im excited like a schoolgirl about the new sprint though. The local dealer said he'd have one early october for me to see.

Go for the Sprint GT Lone......much smaller than the FJR...and as such, a bit more sporty, when you need it to be...

:thumbup:

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Go for the Sprint GT Lone......much smaller than the FJR...and as such, a bit more sporty, when you need it to be...

:thumbup:

yeah i was just being drawn in by some of the touring feautres of the fjr.

the gt cuts into them a little bit so takes away the appeal of the fjr a little bit. and the biggest draw is the sportiness of it, because if i could, i would buy an R1.......but problem is i couldnt get to any corners. my bike needs to get me to corners with enough comfort that i enjoy the way there and back but MAX sportiness possible in that equation.

krid80

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.surdykeharley.com
yeah i was just being drawn in by some of the touring feautres of the fjr.

the gt cuts into them a little bit so takes away the appeal of the fjr a little bit. and the biggest draw is the sportiness of it, because if i could, i would buy an R1.......but problem is i couldnt get to any corners. my bike needs to get me to corners with enough comfort that i enjoy the way there and back but MAX sportiness possible in that equation.

What kind of km did you show on your odometer for this trip?