Bye bye FZ6, hello Street triple

Sparkybean

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm afraid today I said goodbye to my lovely FZ6. She was a great bike.
View attachment 42624
View attachment 42625

I found a Street triple by chance that had every accessory that i think looks great, already attached to it. Including the official Arrow titanium duel exhausts worth £695.
View attachment 42626
View attachment 42628
View attachment 42627

I thought many times about making my FZ6 a naked. But decided why not just buy my favourite naked bike. I could not really afford it but I thought 'what the hell, only live once and all that jazz'!!!

Will miss my FZ6. But seeing as I only really use bikes because I find them fun, I may as well have a really really fun one.

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
Have to say, I like my nakkid better.
2012-05-19_14-28-19_112.jpg

:D lol

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Very nice exchange there! I love the flyscreen, it will give you at least a little protection especially if you duck down behind it when necessary.

The Arrows do sound great, a friend of mine has a full system on her Bonneville.
:thumbup:

Sparkybean

Reaction score
Visit site
The arrows sound amazing. The first time you hear them you think 'I wonder what they sound like with the baffles in' then you have an inspection and realise they ARE in!!!! So you then think 'I wonder what they sound like with the baffles out' so you try it and SWEET JESUS what a sound!!!

Here is a fly by video, these are not Arrows they are Leo's but sound as good.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZwLtQH29gZg&feature=youtube_gdata_player"]Street Triple 675 with Leo's Fly By - YouTube[/ame]

As for how it rides. Well it feels like a sports bike made comfortable!!! (and that is basically what it is). It has a short wheelbase and so turns telepathically. It does go a bit light at the front end when you gun it because of the mix of power and short wheelbase. The engine is the best thing about it. It has instant linear torque like a twin but revs high like a four. Best of both worlds. I heard a review of it once and the guy said 'if they only ever invented one engine for motorcycles and this was it, no one would complain or want to invent another'. It does not matter what gear you are in it just pulls and pulls. Also there is a gear indicator as standard on the clocks, no more trying to find 7th gear. There are about 5 blue LEDs on the rev counter that in turn light up then flash at the optimum time to change gear when racing, which is so cool. Its lighter than the fz6 but feels half as light. The standard brakes are awesome, the R versions brakes are ridiculous. It is the best all round bike ever. The fun factor is off the scale!

I have said it on this forum before, but go and have a test ride, even just to experience a triple engine, only problem is you will lust after one so bad.

I'd love a speed triple but what I really like about the street is how agile it is. And it's power to weight ratio makes it not that far off a speedie anyway!

D

Dave.TX

Nice upgrade and the pics of it are gorgeous! I've heard nothing but good things about the Triumphs. When a bike puts a grin on your face before you get on and stays there the whole time while riding, then doesn't leave until hours after you get off... you know you've found the one.

The FZ6 is great for what it is, I loved mine. We riders evolve and move on to different things but it isn't so much about the brand/model as it is riding.

:rockon: