Buzzing sound around 6.5K-8K

Dmitry

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

I have the following problem. In any gear around 6.5k to 8K I get this extra buzzing/ringing noise. Below/above is fine. Anybody knows what it is? Any info would be appreciated!

Thanks!
Dmitry

DownrangeFuture

Electronic Repair Genius
Reaction score
Visit site
My exhaust cover rattles around that RPM. The bottom of the cover isn't secured anymore once you take the stock shovel off. Check that the little flap is secured in the fender. I'm talking about the dark grey part that goes down in the back and helps the dual exhaust illusion.

Ringing? That would bother me. Ringing to me is an old school alarm clock, or the metal on metal sound from, say, hitting two long metal poles together. And metal on metal ringing in a vehicle is bad juju.

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
I had a buzz at around 8k rpm. It turned out to be the clutch lever. Press down on the clutch lever with your hand (don't pull it in, press down on it) at the rpm where the buzzing sound happens. If it goes away..its your clutch lever.

Dmitry

Reaction score
Visit site
I had a buzz at around 8k rpm. It turned out to be the clutch lever. Press down on the clutch lever with your hand (don't pull it in, press down on it) at the rpm where the buzzing sound happens. If it goes away..its your clutch lever.

Yep, that is exactly what it was! Thanks for everyone who replied!