Buzz at 7-8000 RPM's

mxgolf

Motoup
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Does anyone have problems with a motor buzz at higher RPM's? :( My 07 with 5300 miles has picked up this buzz and it drives me crazy. Is there anything to stop this? I appreciate any help you all can give me.

Thanks

This isn't your engine. It's the clutch lever. Put some pressure on it during those RPMs and it'll stop.

You can spring for some aftermarket levers if it really annoys you.

I have an annoying buzz also. I have learned that it's my gage cluster. Even though it is rubber mounted it still starts to vibrate every few thousand miles or so. I don't want to locktite it, so I pull the windscreen and tighten the screws when it gets to bothersome. Goodluck !

Get used to it, its your motor coming to life.

Do this. while parked on the center stand, with you off the bike, after the motor has warmed hold the throttle at a continuous 3k and note the vibrations. Do this again at 7k. Different bike at higher rpm's aint it.

i came from an 83 silverwing which was not all that buzzie. the buzz did get a little annoying at first. my solution was grip puppies. that and general getting used to it has made it so i don't even notice a buzz anymore. i was actually thinking about it the other day. not sure if it's just not paying attention or the grip puppies. but either way, i'm not bothered by it anymore.

Get some 2 Brothers pipes, leave the silencers out...bet you wont notice the buzzing anymore! :rockon:

Back