Buying Used

Premises187

Inquisitor
Reaction score
Visit site
Hello guys!

I have found a nice used 2007 FZ6-S2 Fazer ABS with around 11k on the clock.
Other than the usual front-to-back used bike inspection and a HPI check is there anything about the FZ6 S2 I need to be particularly mindful of when buying used?

It is going for quite cheap.
I will request a test ride.

Thanks

macem29

Banned
Reaction score
Visit site
the usual bike stuff....but one thing comes to mind based on
a post from a fellow countryman of yours....check the title
thoroughly, a bike selling cheaply can sometimes indicate a
troublesome lien situation

TampaFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on the lien, I saw a 2006 FZ1 on craigslist for 4,400 with only 11k on it. Retail is 6,800 so red flag were a flying there. Maybe do a title search for a lien to find out if the title is clear and free.

cap'n

Reaction score
Visit site
Hello guys!

I have found a nice used 2007 FZ6-S2 Fazer ABS with around 11k on the clock.
Other than the usual front-to-back used bike inspection and a HPI check is there anything about the FZ6 S2 I need to be particularly mindful of when buying used?

It is going for quite cheap.
I will request a test ride.

Thanks

Head bearings. Put it on the center stand, have a friend hold the back end down to free up the front forks, grab the front wheel and push / pull. If you feel a faint knocking or some play, it's the bearings and they'll need to be replaced. Not big money, but it has to be done.

mellow mark

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't know where you're located, but I just bought a blue 08 FZ-6 in Katy, TX (30 miles west of greater Houston) with 2950 miles on the clock and a Yamaha gel saddle. No dings, scrapes or scratches that I could find and good rubber. Out the dealer's door it was a shade under 5k. Somebody tell me I got a decent ride for a decent price.! ! !

Red Wazp

Reaction score
Visit site
Don't know where you're located, but I just bought a blue 08 FZ-6 in Katy, TX (30 miles west of greater Houston) with 2950 miles on the clock and a Yamaha gel saddle. No dings, scrapes or scratches that I could find and good rubber. Out the dealer's door it was a shade under 5k. Somebody tell me I got a decent ride for a decent price.! ! !

He's in London (like in England) :BLAA:

Yes you did get a good deal from a dealer.

cookies

Reaction score
Visit site

i feel like im finding katy / area people all over the forums now lol, i got mine in katy too :0 although mine was older, and has more miles :p anyways i might have wen't off topic , so my bad. :confused:

extreme601

Reaction score
Visit site
I'll always advise checking the chain and sprockets thoroughly after my recent buying experience. Not just for wear but also any irregularities in the links.

Btw, this is who I think it is, right? :p

Premises187

Inquisitor
Reaction score
Visit site
Btw, this is who I think it is, right? :p

Ow ****. It's you!
Damn you I wanted to be the only one with the Fazer!!!
I dunno how I managed to miss them phaze videos. :confused:

Anyway.
The Fazer I was talking about came back as being a Cat-D write off from the previous owner. The current owner claims to know nothing about it. Bollox to him.

Also the owner is claiming it's an ABS model when clearly there is no ABS light or sensor assembly on the discs.

Avoid this
Yamaha FZ6 Fazer S2 Motorbikes & Scooters for Sale Edgware London