Buying Sliders?

MarcW

full throttle turd nugget
Reaction score
Visit site
i have the trex sliders. got them off ebay for 25 bucks shipped. correct bolts, and they are different lengths to protect the different sdides of the bike :cheer:

ArmyDocInTraining

Reaction score
Visit site
On that note, I just bought some Shogun sliders and I am not sure which one goes on which side. It says that the longer one goes on the right... is that the right when you are sitting on the bike or the right when you are looking at it from the front. Also on that note.... why is one side longer than the other?

Wildcard

Reaction score
Visit site
First thing I bought for my bike were the T-rex off ebay. As some said before $25 shipped. Made from Derlin, better class bolts and the thread lengths were the same. Best bang for buck I believe.

As for different lengths, longer always goes on the left side. (YOUR left while sitting on bike. For future reference, whenever someone talks about a cage, driver side = left and passenger = right)

Last edited:

Norm

Senior FZ6 Advisor
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the LSL sliders. They come in two separate packages. One is the cover as was posted before and the other is the hub that creates the distance to protect the frame in a fall. My bike:

IMG_0003-1.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

As you can see, the left side is indeed longer than the right. They are more than "cosmetic" in that they clearly protrude far enough to hit first in a drop. They are made to not throw the bike over if at speed which is why they do not protrude as far as some frame sliders. It's expensive at $100 and I honestly can't tell you how well they work. I'm hoping I'll never be able to tell you how well they work.

GastonJ

The Winged One
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, I know I'll have to cut a hole in the fairing, but that can be done nicely. Just need to know if the sliders will have an affect, seeing as the fairing builds out a little on both sides.

-Chris

If ever you find out, then let me know please :) When I ordered my fairing lowers I also ordered the Yam sliders. Yam canceled the order for the sliders, since they won't fit (although they never told me that, I had to troll through the 'net to find out). It's now left me with a very expensive repair bill if I do ever drop it.

I once dropped my SV650 while turning it round one day and I have to say the slider did it's job. Cost me £10 for a new mushroom as opposed to a few hundred on repairs and a damaged leg since I was on it at the time.

Sliders are a must :rockon:

tweak89

Reaction score
Visit site
Just bought and installed the T-Rex sliders. I guess they listened to the complaints on the instructions as the ones that came with mine had the longer one being installed on the clutch side.

Took all of 5 minutes and I torqued them to 40ft/lbs. They look good and I hope to never use them!

summerb37

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the LSL sliders. They come in two separate packages. One is the cover as was posted before and the other is the hub that creates the distance to protect the frame in a fall. My bike:

IMG_0003-1.jpg

IMG_0009.jpg

As you can see, the left side is indeed longer than the right. They are more than "cosmetic" in that they clearly protrude far enough to hit first in a drop. They are made to not throw the bike over if at speed which is why they do not protrude as far as some frame sliders. It's expensive at $100 and I honestly can't tell you how well they work. I'm hoping I'll never be able to tell you how well they work.

Your LSL frame sliders are mounted incorrectly. The black plastic insert tail is supposed to be facing the back of the bike and not the front.

For example:
http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/13420-new-mods-fz6-check-them-out.html

vincentmoy

Reaction score
Visit site
I got the OES extended sliders and already dropped my bike twice at parking lot (one on ea side):spank:

I'd say if it wasn't the slider my fairing and tank is probably gonna take most the hit. Now I just have a slightly scratched bar end, mirror, and stator cover. Nothing major and I was glad :BLAA:

Last edited: