Buster Fairing!

CooperFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
Busted Fairing!

Hello,

I was washing up my bike to put it away for the winter, and, long story short, dropped it on the wet grass and had the corner of the fairing hit a wooden deck and crack and chip a piece off about 1" x 3/8". (right side where the windshield meets the fairing),

It's really not a big deal (the picture looks worse than it is), but, it's pissing me off since the bike had virtually no damage when I got it about 6 weeks ago!

So, what are my choices? Leave it? What would new fairings cost? It looks to me like the front fairing is a single piece and the part on the inside, below the windscreen is a 2nd part. If I replace them both, what am I looking at in terms of $. Can you patch these things and repaint?

Alternately, could this be an excuse to buy some new kit and mod the bike some more?

Open to suggestions! I've got the whole winter to work on it, but, limited budget......

Thanks

CooperFZ6

Last edited:

ready2goriding

Reaction score
Visit site
Keep an eye on Ebay. I've seen them go pretty cheap there. if the inside pcs are OK, reuse them for 0$! Hope this helps, and good luck.

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
If you can't find any on ebay, they aren't TOO much new from ronayers. I was planning on getting new ones over the winter since previous owner cracked mine in the right side, including a new windshield it was still less than $300 IIRC. Now I'm gonna save up a little more and nab the front off Junkdesign hopefully :D