Bungee Net?

cmor15

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey I’m thinking about getting a bungee net to put on the passenger seat on my 2009 fz6 to occasionally hold a passenger helmet and other random stuff. Does anybody else have one of these? where do i get a cheap one that fits the fz6 and wont scratch the passenger handles

UPDATE:
I found a bungee net today, went to wal-mart first and they didn't have any so i went to the local bicycle shop and picked one up for $10.00
Here it is:
P8180616.JPG

the plastic hooks attach right to the seat so i dont have to worry about scratching. Only problem is I still can't fit a full-face passenger helmet under it...

Last edited:

yoshiki

Reaction score
Visit site
i have 1 with plastic hooks instead of metal ones to prevent from scratching the grip handle. i suppose you can find those nets at your local bicycle shop? i got it from a bike shop locally.

hoston1765

Reaction score
Visit site
Picked mine up at my local Yamaha dealer for $10.00. The plastic hooks will scratch the heck out of the painted bars. My guess is they made the hooks very dense for strength and it turned out to be harder than the paint, Yoshiki may well have a different, softer set of hooks. I found out too late but was able to gently rub out most of the marks. Suggest you use a round file to smooth the mold seam on the inside of the hooks and wrap them all with electrical tape right up to the elastic.

I picked up some black elastic loops (with a ball on them at Harbor Freight) to act as extensions when carrying something very large. The net works out well on a trip, I put a matching back pack under the net with the extensions and it slides right out the front if I want to take it with me on a stop. If you buy one make sure the rear hooks are ahead of the passenger handle rear cross member so they don't slip off the back. The front hooks go nicely into the hole at the front of the bars so it does not slip rearwards . Until I find just the right removable hard cases it gets the job done.

Last edited:

Hobbesca

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got one from Canadian tire, maybe check Pep Boys ? Long drive for you to the closest Canadian Tire

McLovin

plain evil
Reaction score
Visit site
still one of the best $5 i spent..i got so much use out of it especially having my bike as my only transport..it does scratch stuff tho so wrap tthe hooks with some black gaffer tape or something and youre good to go.

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
hook them around the grab rail an onto the net instead? that's what i do with bungee cords to stop them scratching the grab rail

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was looking for one of these the other day....only to be dissapointed, as all i could find, was for Cars...didnt think of the push bike shop...

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
same as most people,my cargo net has rubbed the paint away on the passenger grab rails.one solution I was considering,was to paint,or spray them with black Plastidip or similar,which dries smooth and gives a tough as nails coating.

mbramlett

Crazy MOFO
Reaction score
Visit site
Buy two for when you get the first one stolen. Don't hook it directly to the grab rail, hook it around the grab rail and onto itself, and stretch the hooks ends out just enough for the really big stuff digg in, just hold on.

Juan1

Reaction score
Visit site
Hook it onto itself, not the grab rails. Also, spend the extra $3 on a net that has 2" rather than 3" squares. The squares will double in size when stretched over stuff, so 2" is much more secure.

Wh0M3

Reaction score
Visit site
I have a couple of these bungee nets and they are great. I would also add to loop it through unless you don't mind getting the handles scratched. My handles are black and not the painted kind so the scratches don't show up as bad. Also you can strap it down tighter if you hook it to itself.

bobvilla

Reaction score
Visit site
Picked mine up at Walmart for $5... i just loop the bungee through the passenger handles then back to itself. Works for me and has room for a full face helmet.