buffeting

arcata2

Reaction score
Visit site
So far I added the Yamaha full cowling (from Yamaha Canada). I added a Puig racing windscreen. The helmet noise is deafening (wind noise). So loud I can't hear the bike at 50mph. I have tried the stock windscreen and no wind screen at all. It's just ...ok...I'm considering the Cee Bailey taller windscreen. Any thoughts? Is it the cowling or is it just the bike? I can't remember what it was like when I bought it.....

Fz6Daveg

Reaction score
Visit site
So far I added the Yamaha full cowling (from Yamaha Canada). I added a Puig racing windscreen. The helmet noise is deafening (wind noise). So loud I can't hear the bike at 50mph. I have tried the stock windscreen and no wind screen at all. It's just ...ok...I'm considering the Cee Bailey taller windscreen. Any thoughts? Is it the cowling or is it just the bike? I can't remember what it was like when I bought it.....

Try some moulded silicone ear plugs. Mine are great and i never ride without them now. I have the one with filters so you can still hear sirens, etc

I got mine from Just Ears UK Ltd but there must be other companies that you can try.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
This is basically a loud bike mate! When I switched to mine from my GPZ500S (with a flip screen) I stopped riding after 5 minutes to put in my earphones and put on my neck tube, as it was just painful without. You should always ride with earplugs unless you have a giant screen or an amazing helmet. It'll deafen you in years to come.

I'm a bit naughty and ride with noise-reducing headphones so I can listen to my tunes at the same time! :rockon: I never ride without them in now as I worry about ruining my ears.