BT020 warm-up times

tedrogers

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all,

Just wondering how long it takes for a set of Bridgestone BT020's to warm up in cool (not freezing) wet conditions?

Just normal calm riding style. Nothing that would accelerate the process such as thottling it on straights.

I'm wondering because I find it hard to gauge when I can start trusting more in my grip levels.

Thanks.

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
I've done sme pretty crazy **** on the bt020's. They are a pretty good wet tire, but that means almost nothing in city streets. If it is cold and wet, you should take it easy for the entire trip and assume they never warm up. But, if you need numbers for satisfaction i would say, about 30-45min on freeway, and never in the city. Bt020's are a cheap stock high milage tire, REMEMBER THAT!:thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I would imagine ambient temps and conditions would be a large factor in any of these conditions as well as time and the type of compound the tire has.

I generally let my tires (BT-021's) warm for at least an hour on public roads but then get on them in the much less populated areas like the mountains east of here.

Generally the roads here are baking in the sun and air temps are pretty nice during the day, year round. So we're very lucky in that respect.

Cliff

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
This priceless humor brings to mind: I wonder if there's ever been a Guinness record or something for most non-stop engine and road miles. You know, NO sleep, engine constantly running with same oil, everything. I guess, as with Pony Express, there could be rider changes.

tedrogers

Reaction score
Visit site
This priceless humor brings to mind: I wonder if there's ever been a Guinness record or something for most non-stop engine and road miles. You know, NO sleep, engine constantly running with same oil, everything. I guess, as with Pony Express, there could be rider changes.

I'm sure Yamaha run their engines under load 24hrs as part of testing - not sure if this counts though.

I know Ford do this so that it's run for the equivalent of 200,000 miles or something!