Bt 23???

Assistant 04

Reaction score
Visit site
It might be a stupid question but what the BT 23, BT 20 .......... etc means ? What is the difference between those ?? Thanks

dobbeusaf

Reaction score
Visit site
It might be a stupid question but what the BT 23, BT 20 .......... etc means ? What is the difference between those ?? Thanks

I know the 23 is designed for longer life than the 20 and 21's. It is more of a sport touring tire VS a sport/track tire. They do this with different tire compounds in different places of the tire. I have the 23 right now since I wanted the lonest life of a tire possible. I do not go to the track hardly at all so that aspect was not very important to me. Each tire has it's pros and cons. There should be some good info on here about the 20 and 21 models. Use the search function on this forum to find some good threads on each tire. The 23 is the newest of them so it may not have too much info on here.

Cloggy

Euro Mod
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Here's another thread :thumbup:
If you search BT23 you'll find a couple of threads, but be careful as you need at least 4 digits to run a search, otherwise you'll have to add 1 or more *'s to make it 4. Good luck in your search for info :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
The BT-020 was the original OEM tire on a lot of bikes but I don't think they even sell them now. The BT-023 (replaces the BT-021) as mentioned previous is a dual compound rear tire meant for sport touring. The BT-016 is a triple compound rear tire, dual compound front tire that they classify as a hypersport tire. The BT016 gives awesome grip but won't last nearly as long as the BT-023.

There are other BT-*** tires but you can probably search Bridgestone Tires and get all the info there.

Last edited: