Brought home a used Dainese, good choice??

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
I saw this on craigslist and went to check and see if it fit. I really liked it and bought it for $450.... I had buyers remorse at first since its seems so expensive for a jacket. It cost $799 new and this one has upgraded G1 back armor which costs about $70

Its a Dainese Santa Monica Leather Jacket. I cant tell if its the Pelle estivo or just Pelle. The pics look the same.

Anyways the leather is super soft and it fits nice and tight. My only problem is the titanium inserts slightly dig into my shoulders. I think its because im not used to them being there. No ride with it on yet but im hoping its just as cool and comfortable as my Bilt jacket but with better protection.

Jb40k

Reaction score
www.twitter.com
Great idea, and a bargain from the looks of it too!

I've always bought my leathers from places like eBay; currently wearing Alpinestars SP1, previous owner wore them for one ride and didn't like them... A trip to the dry cleaners and they were new again... I saved a fortune over buying new!

I don't like the idea of secondhand lids or battle damaged jackets, but yours jacket there looks pristine!

greg

UK Luchador
Reaction score
Visit site
btw pelle is just italian for leather, hence most of the jackets have it in their name

looks good, i love my dainese leathers (and boots) :D

rino60

Reaction score
Visit site
Looks great, I have no specific brand alliances though. Apparently, I like anything that is a comfortable fit. (insert jest about women here)

Bangagong

BUNGA BUNGA organizer....
Reaction score
www.bestbikingroads.com
Nice Jacket!...

It appears you have the normal version... the estivo (summer) version I believe is made with a perforated leather on the chest and back....

I have the Tattoo Ykz which is somewhat similar.. Paid over €500 for it and got butt chewed out so bad from the wife for it I almost had nothing left to sit on.. But it has saved my a$$ from hit from a truck and a car. She has since decided it was a good purchase after all...

I can't say enough about Dainese.

chomorro

Reaction score
Visit site
Yea i realized its not the summer version so i hope its not too hot on a ride i really like my current perf leather. The jacket has been been worn a few times because the guy who bought it was too small for it so its near new, size 44 US.

So is the titanium inserts just something i need to get used to? Do they sort of dig in the shoulders for you guys when not in riding position?

Looking forward to a ride with it on, if its unbearably hot though i might have to sell it and look for a perf version. This one has some side zipper vents that i will leave open.

Another thing im not so happy about is it doesnt have the small rear zipper. My current pants only have the short zipper attachment. So i guess i need to upgrade my pants :BLAA:

visions

THAT guy
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice jacket! I have the same one but in perforated red leather, but you don't want to know how much I paid for it (new)

The shoulder pads, I can't even feel them...

armystrong

feeling Triumphant
Reaction score
www.fz6-forum.com
Wow $450! It looks like a really great jacket, but you probably could have gotten the same level of protection for at least half of that. I don't want to sound too critical, but you could have spent the left over cash on some other gear, or upgrades/ mods for the bike. Pay me no mind...I'm just cheap. :)