Brought home a 2008 FZ6

D

Dave.TX

Well it was a little ahead of schedule but couldn't pass up this deal. Out the door for $4321: a 2008 black FZ6 with 6,404 miles, hard Givi bags, Leo Vince cans and Hyperpro rear spring. I'm the 3rd owner.

Here it is after I loaded it Chevy Silverado (Texas Edition).
2011-09-01_14-01-29_327.jpg

Here after I unloaded it and took a long trip to the Valero gas station to fill her up (2.132 gallons).
2011-09-01_15-27-24_263.jpg

Every trip I make into town is at least 40 miles round trip and in my truck (my only vehicle) at 17-18mpg it's costing on gas. I figure this way I get to help the environment (do I get a Government check?) and have fun doing it.

It's 103 at the house right now and I just came back from the first short ride. It's hot. Anyway, I realized I need to wear some ear protection of some sort since even after 20 minutes of riding I could tell my ears were almost ringing. My helmet is a Scorpion EXO 1000, it does an OK job at venting and noise reduction. Not the best, not the worst.
FxCam_1314845519370.jpg

Cheers! :america:

Last edited by a moderator:

motojoe122

No ride is too far...
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Awwwww....its a GIRL!:cheer:

J/K, CONGRATS on the new bike, shes a beeeuuttt!

Man, I dont miss the TX heat at all! I was stationed in Port Aransas.

D

Dave.TX

Yeah, just look at the size of those cans! :BLAA:

The Givi's are off of it now, looks better. Givi's are good for long trips or whatever, for now I'm just putting around and running errands. I guess the 40lb bag of dog food won't fit too well...

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks like nice bike, nice mods too.

Yeah we are in the Texas winter, aren't we? I've two real rides this summer, its just too hot. Just wait until January when New England is a frozen block of ice and you're riding.

Sent from my MB508 using Tapatalk

D

Dave.TX

After today I guess it's going to start cooling down, getting to be less than 100 degrees. Austin does enjoy a long riding season most of the time. It could freeze in the winter or be 75 degrees at Christmas... you never know.

Well, got the hard bags off and went over it a bit so now it's time to go get some dinner. Already have a full tank so where to go? Might take the long way. Have some country roads to take around Manor towards Pflugerville maybe. I can see if my buddy is home in Round Rock, he rides a Harley. Gotta work tomorrow so get some ride time in this evening.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You know you're right.. those Givi cases are hideous! Because I'm a great friend I will do you a huge favor and take them off your hands free of charge!! :rof:

ryan00ss

Reaction score
Visit site
You know you're right.. those Givi cases are hideous! Because I'm a great friend I will do you a huge favor and take them off your hands free of charge!! :rof:

and ill gladly take that exhaust off of your hands as well. Ill even give you my stock exhaust for free!

famous556

TV4 Rider
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to see you picked one up! Now get out there and keep riding... I put 500 miles on mine so far and thats with working 2 of those days 24h shifts! Definetly feel you on the heat too, its 99 here today and lots of humidity.

D

Dave.TX

Went and did a 90 mile, 5 hour ride. Took the back roads from Elgin to Taylor, then to Hutto and Round Rock where I visited a buddy of mine. Just made it back home. Good thing about this Texas drought is there's not many bugs.

Took this shot at Old Settlers Park in Round Rock.

2011-09-01_19-23-05_49.jpg

:D

D

Dave.TX

I'm really enjoying it! Unfortunately with my schedule today is my Monday at work. We do 10 hour days so 4 on and 3 off. Just when I get a new toy, the weather is decent enough (still hitting 100 degrees) and the weekend is about here... I have to go to work. No biggie as we change days off every 4 weeks and only 2 more to go until I get Fr/Sa/Su off.

Thanks, everybody. It's a fun bike and I'm glad I didn't get a 500 or something like that. This 08 is really easy to ride, the power delivery is pretty smooth. Just a day and a half after not riding for about 11 years and I'm getting back in the game.

:thumbup:

Pseudo-Fed

Reaction score
Visit site
Very, very nice. I'll have to ride or drag mine down to Austin soon and look you up so you can show me some decent rides. My wife has 2 brothers in the Austin area--one south and one in Cedar Park, and my stepson is in his second year at UT there.

D

Dave.TX

Hey, that's great! I do have an aunt and uncle up in Grapevine. They used to have a Honda Shadow but they sold it a few years ago and don't ride anymore. I go up to visit once in a while. I haven't taken my bike on the freeway yet (only had it for 2 days so far).

PM me, email, whatever. I'm always up for something. I like to get out and away from the house most of the time and now with a bike I can do it more often! Of course the dogs always want to go on a road trip (in the truck) so they're not too happy about the new addition.

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice bike. She'll make you very happy

ps...post a pic of the front of your truck..I wanna see the big bull horns on the hood(Im only assuming thats part of the Texas edition package:BLAA:

D

Dave.TX

ps...post a pic of the front of your truck..I wanna see the big bull horns on the hood(Im only assuming thats part of the Texas edition package:BLAA:

It'd have to be a wide angle shot to get the horns in. Nah, it's just a sales gimmick. It does have the tow package, 20" wheels, etc... Dodge has their Lone Star edition and I think even Nissan has a Texas truck. Folks in TX love TX so much if their truck says TEXAS in big letters on it they'll buy it. I bought it for the package, not because it's a Texas edition.