Broken Mirror on my FZ6... recommendations?

BePrepared

Reaction score
Visit site
i have a broken right side mirror on my FZ6. I am trying to decide whether to replace it with a stock part, or whether i'd be better off replacing both mirrors with something better... my budget is under $100

MoeDog

Reaction score
Visit site
How did you brake it? What area snap any pictures of the broken piece ?. One time I dropped the bike on it's side at a liquor store. I didn't brake anything or scratch anything just the Frame Sliders got a little scratch. But a Drunk bum was all dramatic and try to help me lift up my bike before I even got a chance to lift it up my self. well he tried to pick it up by holding on to the mirror and got it off the ground about 5 inches or so before the mirror snap from the area that it folds by the windshield and down went the bike again. took my mirror home and managed to salvage it. I ran some small screws along with a metal clamp that i used. had it like that for a while now with no problems and you cant even tell because the rubber cover is over it. I have a set of aftermarket mirrors already but so far i don't need them yet. I can take picture if you want so you can see how I fixed mine.The only downside is that I can no longer fold my mirror.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
One time I dropped the bike on it's side at a liquor store. I didn't brake anything or scratch anything just the Frame Sliders got a little scratch. But a Drunk bum was all dramatic and try to help me lift up my bike before I even got a chance to lift it up my self. well he tried to pick it up by holding on to the mirror and got it off the ground about 5 inches or so before the mirror snap from the area that it folds by the windshield and down went the bike again.

OK, I'm sorry, but LMAO!! :rof:

discgolfdude

Reaction score
Visit site
i have a broken right side mirror on my FZ6. I am trying to decide whether to replace it with a stock part, or whether i'd be better off replacing both mirrors with something better... my budget is under $100
I curious on how you broke it, did you drop it while trying to teach yourself to ride?

vhiran

Reaction score
Visit site
The stock mirrors are fragile. However they are pretty cheap vs. alternatives, and you are guaranteed that they'll fit.. which on 07+ FZ6's, is a bit of a concern seeing as how there's not a whole lot of parts made for them.

BePrepared

Reaction score
Visit site
honestly i really can't figure out how a metal strut can just snap off by getting hit with a shoulder.

according to the yamaha place, a replacement will cost nearly $100

vhiran

Reaction score
Visit site
The stock mirrors are not particularly sturdy and it's pretty rare that a frame slider will protect them.

Ebay is your friend when it comes to cheap mirrors. Just watch out, some won't fit especially 2007+ FZ6's.