Broken Exhaust Stud

Fazer Geoff

Reaction score
Visit site
I removed the exhaust system on my 2001 Fazer 600 to replace the collector pipes. 7 from 8 exhaust stud nuts came off easily, 1 however sheared the stud leaving a short length protruding from the head.

What is the best way to remove the broken piece without mullering the head? WD40 has been applied liberally to the broken stud...

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I removed the exhaust system on my 2001 Fazer 600 to replace the collector pipes. 7 from 8 exhaust stud nuts came off easily, 1 however sheared the stud leaving a short length protruding from the head.

What is the best way to remove the broken piece without mullering the head? WD40 has been applied liberally to the broken stud...
This has happened to me in the past and its a real bugger.
I was able to unscrew remaining piece of stud using good old mole grips.

The Art of Extraction
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX7vK3d3l7M]‪Extracting a broken stud from an engine case‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Good luck

Nelly

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

This has happened to me in the past and its a real bugger.
I was able to unscrew remaining piece of stud using good old mole grips.

The Art of Extraction
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YX7vK3d3l7M]‪Extracting a broken stud from an engine case‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Good luck

Nelly