Bris Fizz

Stimson

Reaction score
Visit site
yep, up thru the mt lindsay hill climb section. Also when we get past the border there are those tight corners where we could get some good shots.

krushnuts

Where did I put my keys..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey there fellas, have a good one tommoz! I'm gonna haveta bow out, my boyts christening is on and 20 friends and relo's are decending on my house to celebrate afterwards... It'll be mayhem from sun-up till sun-down!

Looking forward to joinin yas soon tho, stay upright ay!

Stimson

Reaction score
Visit site
Hey there fellas, have a good one tommoz! I'm gonna haveta bow out, my boyts christening is on and 20 friends and relo's are decending on my house to celebrate afterwards... It'll be mayhem from sun-up till sun-down!

Looking forward to joinin yas soon tho, stay upright ay!

um......it's on the 31st (this Sunday) so you can still come along :thumbup:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I think it's time to start praying to the weather gods :( , with all this cyclone activity up north the weather man is saying NO!!! to our ride on sunday :spank:...... :bow: :bow: :bow: before the great gods of Blue Sky , PLEASE dont rain , we'll behave , we promise :rolleyes: :D

Stimson

Reaction score
Visit site
I think it's time to start praying to the weather gods :( , with all this cyclone activity up north the weather man is saying NO!!! to our ride on sunday :spank:...... :bow: :bow: :bow: before the great gods of Blue Sky , PLEASE dont rain , we'll behave , we promise :rolleyes: :D

wait and see Mr Humps, don't jump to conclusions, showers is the forecast so far. We've got another 3 days for the weather man to sort his 5hit out and give us a decent forecast......

Stimson

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, for those of you who had the excuses of parents visiting, no baby sitter and a blown hot water system, :spank: Barry and I had a brilliant ride this morning rolling out of the switch at 8:15am. :thumbup:

We deviated slightly from the Humps route and headed south to Boonah. A quick drink for the bikes and we continued south via Maroon dam to Rathdowney. Virtually an uninterrupted hill climb through the twisties up to Woodenbong. :rockon: Foot pegs were a scraping.

A quick breather at the top and we then made our way down towards Kyogle. Did a left and covered some new territory along the Lions Road. What a pretty (if I 'm allowed to use that adjective) ride. Unlinemarked, no speed limit :D and in certain sections you can, i mean, could get along pretty swiftly.

For those of you who love rollercoaster rides, there is a section of camel humps where you can test your endurance on handling negative and positive G-forces.

The Lions Road is a must do ride.

Pulled up at Rathdowney at around 11am for a leg and jaw stretch. Saddled up and cruised back to Brissey and was home around 1pm.

Thanks Barry for coming, haven't seen you for awhile, was great to catch up. For those who missed out, well, that you did. I wanna do that circuit again......

bit slack, yes i know. Here are a couple of picks from this occasion...

krushnuts

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
um......it's on the 31st (this Sunday) so you can still come along :thumbup:

Doh! I got so excited about the christening that all reason flew out the window methinks. Fingers crossed for THIS Sunday, for the weather and for me!

Stimson

Reaction score
Visit site
So gents, what the GO. Wake up in the morning and see what the day greets us with? Showers forecast for tomorrow.

Would've been good today.....

krushnuts

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So gents, what the GO. Wake up in the morning and see what the day greets us with? Showers forecast for tomorrow.

I'm gonna take a look at the sky in the morning and decide, unless the forecast turns really fowl - still showers at the mo, not too bad.

8am Maccas Booval, is that the one on Brisbane st, Ipswich?

I'll bring your soldering iron too Paul.

I have a new toy as well... Nexus One (Google Phone), which includes turn by turn gps navigation, and the ability to kill iPhones :D

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm gonna take a look at the sky in the morning and decide, unless the forecast turns really fowl - still showers at the mo, not too bad.

8am Maccas Booval, is that the one on Brisbane st, Ipswich?

I'll bring your soldering iron too Paul.

I have a new toy as well... Nexus One (Google Phone), which includes turn by turn gps navigation, and the ability to kill iPhones :D

Cool , we'll see you there then :D Correct location & all :thumbup:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

At this stage i say we go with observations , if its raining stay home or if its not start heading :D.......... I'll check on here early and see if there is any changes/cancellations :thumbup:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Due to the rain gods being mad with us today's ride has been postponed :( , ohh and now we have just had a short sharp burst of hail :eek:...... I aint riding in that if i dont have to :D..... Shall we try for next weekend ???

krushnuts

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Due to the rain gods being mad with us today's ride has been postponed :( , ohh and now we have just had a short sharp burst of hail :eek:...... I aint riding in that if i dont have to :D..... Shall we try for next weekend ???

Next week end is ok for me

bmrandrews

Reaction score
Visit site
So that will be this weekend for a ride to Kyogle and a run over the Lions Road

8am Maccas Booval, is that the one on Brisbane st, Ipswich

I hope the weather will be better this time :rockon:

:thumbup:

Stimson

Reaction score
Visit site
So that will be this weekend for a ride to Kyogle and a run over the Lions Road

8am Maccas Booval, is that the one on Brisbane st, Ipswich

I hope the weather will be better this time :rockon:

:thumbup:

Which day shall we target, Saturday or Sunday? Forecast is still showers for both days.

may i suggest we aim for saturday, if weather is dodgy then try sunday. What do you all reckon? Any preference? :confused:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Which day shall we target, Saturday or Sunday? Forecast is still showers for both days.

may i suggest we aim for saturday, if weather is dodgy then try sunday. What do you all reckon? Any preference? :confused:

Im easy (but not cheap) :D.... I need warning for Satdee though so i can tell the boss im not working....... Sunday always works better for me work wise , will you all please play nice for the rain gods this week

bmrandrews

Reaction score
Visit site
Saturday Chance of a Thunderstorm. Scattered Clouds. High: 29° C. Wind East 18 km/h. 30% chance of precipitation.

Sunday Thunderstorm. Scattered Clouds. High: 28° C. Wind ESE 21 km/h. 60% chance of precipitation.

will have to wait and find out which day looks better closer to the weekend

Im easy (but not cheap) :D.... I need warning for Satdee though so i can tell the boss im not working....... Sunday always works better for me work wise , will you all please play nice for the rain gods this week

Last edited: