Bris Fizz

Texperkin

Reaction score
Visit site
Sunny Coast Ride
Date : Sunday 19 July
Meet : 8am Maccas at Brookside Shopping Centre (Osbourne Road, Mitchelton) for a 8:30am departure.
Circuit : 355km

Samford - Mt Mee - Woodford - Maleny - Kenilworth - Mapleton - Montville - Landsborough - Beerwah - Peachester - Woodford - Kilcoy - Somerset Dam - Mt Glorious - Mt Nebo

Have a pub lunch at the Beerwah Hotel.

Hope this suits everyone. See you all there :thumbup:

Sounds great!

Doing my best to organise to come along for this. We're moving house on Wed/Thurs next week so likely to be under the thumb all next weekend putting pictures on walls etc. However SURELY I can take a morning off to go play with things that go brum.

Will keep you updated on the negotiations.

Stimson

Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds great!

Doing my best to organise to come along for this. We're moving house on Wed/Thurs next week so likely to be under the thumb all next weekend putting pictures on walls etc. However SURELY I can take a morning off to go play with things that go brum.

you could always try and negotiate just the morning. I did this circuit a few weeks ago with Damian except came home via Mt mee and with about an hours worth of stops took 5 hours all up.

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sounds great!

Yeah come on mate , butter her up with a weeks worth of flowers and chocolate :D.....I want a big pack to see how the new ride holds up against the FZ6's....

krushnuts

Where did I put my keys..
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sunny Coast Ride
Date : Sunday 19 July
Meet : 8am Maccas at Brookside Shopping Centre (Osbourne Road, Mitchelton) for a 8:30am departure.
Circuit : 355km

Samford - Mt Mee - Woodford - Maleny - Kenilworth - Mapleton - Montville - Landsborough - Beerwah - Peachester - Woodford - Kilcoy - Somerset Dam - Mt Glorious - Mt Nebo

Have a pub lunch at the Beerwah Hotel.

Hope this suits everyone. See you all there :thumbup:

I am soooo there! Humps, looking forward to seeing your new steel horse, and givin it a run for it's money :Flip:

My breath is baited!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I am soooo there! Humps, looking forward to seeing your new steel horse, and givin it a run for it's money :Flip:

My breath is baited!

Mate i cant wait , if you watch the vid im sure you will see that i dont think i'll have any trouble keeping up :D.....Notice how the mighty XJR is out in front of the much more nimble and sportier Gixxer 6 :rockon: :rockon: , ohh and i now have a centre stand :p

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PLOKK4_X0E&feature=PlayList&p=3B9341CE17A995AF&index=0&playnext=1]YouTube - yamaha xjr1300 France and suzuki k6 Greek are riding[/ame]

Adusanju

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Boys , it is with regret that I inform you that I have to desert the Bris Fizz gang:(:(
I'm moving to Cairns with work and will be there for at least 2 years, so I'm going to make the most of it and explore as much of this beautiful country that I can.

I wish I could've done a few more rides with you all .. but at the same time was really happy to have met some of you.

Cairns is only 1600 k's away and would be a good way to really open up and enjoy the fizzers... just a thought;)

Take care all and safe riding.
cheers,

Adrian

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Just called in at Yamaha boys and ordered my new Scorpion pipe for the XJR :rockon: they were just wheeling her out the back to do the Pre Delivery check on it , they go down tomorrow to get the rego plates for her and she'll be ready for me to pick up when i knock off work :D :cheer: cant wait till then........Ohh also bought her a K&N filter and a new jacket for myself :rockon:....

Please hurry up tomorrow , i can see it really dragging on :(....Here's a few more quick pics for your viewing pleasure :thumbup:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hi Boys , it is with regret that I inform you that I have to desert the Bris Fizz gang:(:(
I'm moving to Cairns with work and will be there for at least 2 years, so I'm going to make the most of it and explore as much of this beautiful country that I can.

I wish I could've done a few more rides with you all .. but at the same time was really happy to have met some of you.

Cairns is only 1600 k's away and would be a good way to really open up and enjoy the fizzers... just a thought;)

Take care all and safe riding.
cheers,

Adrian

Firstly congrats on the new job posting mate :thumbup: , shame you wont be able to ride with us anymore but it was a pleasure to meet you......Dont be a stranger to the forum mate , i just did a member search and there is a few up that way so drop them a line they may wanna ride with ya :thumbup:.......If im ever up that way mate i'll drop you a line :thumbup:

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sweet ride Humps,but did I miss something,what happened to the FZ1 you were thinking about ?

Yeah you missed a thread about it , get with the program man :spank: :D.......The FZ1 was to uncomfortable for me , the seat was like concrete after 30 minutes which was a shame coz it went like a shower of $h1t , they then offered me the XJR at a price i couldnt refuse , i'd looked at one previously and loved it then but at that stage it was a little expensive but now with this 4.99% intrest rate it is very affordable :D

krushnuts

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah you missed a thread about it , get with the program man :spank: :D.......The FZ1 was to uncomfortable for me , the seat was like concrete after 30 minutes which was a shame coz it went like a shower of $h1t , they then offered me the XJR at a price i couldnt refuse , i'd looked at one previously and loved it then but at that stage it was a little expensive but now with this 4.99% intrest rate it is very affordable :D

Nice one Dan :rockon: The XJR is a real beauty and at least your still keepin it in the family :thumbup:

Just got back from the Stay upright Advanced Cornering, Breaking and Suspension workshop III course at Brisbane Raceway. Wow, what a day!!!

Started off with some theory on posture and then we had a couple of slow laps around the track. After this we were alowed a few more laps, trying out the things talked about earlier. This went on, with more techniques added, eg. road lines into/out of the corner, compared to the more agressive and commited racing line. Examples were given by one of the instructors, one time 250cc australian champ, forget his name :eek:

On another note, I won't be able to join yas for the next ride :( I've managed to smash my bike up again, just at the start of turn 1. One of the other riders over took me on the straight and made it to the corner before me (I was quite a bit out wide and lots of room between us, ~3-4m). He moved over to the left in front of me and as we approached the corner (right hander) I leaned into it and was into the corner faster than he was - having him in front of me threw me right off. I stood the bike up and dropped anchor, front wheel locked up and the bike went down on the tarmac. I got chucked off somersaulting along the ground. The right hand bar end caught the lip of the corner and flipped the bike straight into the kitty litter! *sigh* My knee is a bit bruised as is my pride, but thankfully my gear saved the rest of me.

After sitting through the theory of the suspension workshop and watching the adjustments being made on a brand new 848 I rode home. Not being able to make the same kind of adjustments on the FZ6 would have been frustrating I spose - only preload on the rear shock eh. But the organisers said they would let me join them next time for the 2nd half of the day, by which time my bike should have fully adjustable suspension! Yep, they said the course wasn't going to be run for another year.

So... Now in the market for a good motorcycle paint shop, new handle bars, bar ends and mirrors. Clip ons perhaps? We shal see...

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice one Dan :rockon: The XJR is a real beauty and at least your still keepin it in the family :thumbup:

Just got back from the Stay upright Advanced Cornering, Breaking and Suspension workshop III course at Brisbane Raceway. Wow, what a day!!!

Started off with some theory on posture and then we had a couple of slow laps around the track. After this we were alowed a few more laps, trying out the things talked about earlier. This went on, with more techniques added, eg. road lines into/out of the corner, compared to the more agressive and commited racing line. Examples were given by one of the instructors, one time 250cc australian champ, forget his name :eek:

On another note, I won't be able to join yas for the next ride :( I've managed to smash my bike up again, just at the start of turn 1. One of the other riders over took me on the straight and made it to the corner before me (I was quite a bit out wide and lots of room between us, ~3-4m). He moved over to the left in front of me and as we approached the corner (right hander) I leaned into it and was into the corner faster than he was - having him in front of me threw me right off. I stood the bike up and dropped anchor, front wheel locked up and the bike went down on the tarmac. I got chucked off somersaulting along the ground. The right hand bar end caught the lip of the corner and flipped the bike straight into the kitty litter! *sigh* My knee is a bit bruised as is my pride, but thankfully my gear saved the rest of me.

After sitting through the theory of the suspension workshop and watching the adjustments being made on a brand new 848 I rode home. Not being able to make the same kind of adjustments on the FZ6 would have been frustrating I spose - only preload on the rear shock eh. But the organisers said they would let me join them next time for the 2nd half of the day, by which time my bike should have fully adjustable suspension! Yep, they said the course wasn't going to be run for another year.

So... Now in the market for a good motorcycle paint shop, new handle bars, bar ends and mirrors. Clip ons perhaps? We shal see...

Ohh crap man , glad your OK although i know pride hurts a lot.......Hope the bike isnt too bad ???.

I know that corner well from a day i did out there with Yamaha and it nearly caught me out just with the bumps heading into it , the old front brake lock up strikes again :shakehead: im liking the ABS in the new bike more and more all the time....

Buy an XJR1300 SE mate she already has ABS and fully adjustable front and rear Ohlins :D

QMPP - Queensland Motorcycle Panel and Paint. Custom motorbike paint jobs. try these guys :thumbup: they do some seriously good work :D

Stimson

Reaction score
Visit site

oh man, that really sucks. :( It would make my heart hurt seeing that happen to my bike.
at least you are not in the shop for repair.
I hope you learned heaps anyway. So now you are out for another couple of weeks. :(

Last edited:

krushnuts

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well, some good news, I'm getting the FZ1 handle bars and fitting them on Saturday, should be all ready for Sundays ride :D

As long as yas don't mind riding with a scratched up fizzer :rolleyes:

Stimson

Reaction score
Visit site
Well, some good news, I'm getting the FZ1 handle bars and fitting them on Saturday, should be all ready for Sundays ride :D

As long as yas don't mind riding with a scratched up fizzer :rolleyes:

excellent, at least you will be mobile again :rockon:
Don't worry about the sctratches, if you ride behind us we won't see them :D

Stimson

Reaction score
Visit site
Damien is coming also on Sunday. He's going to meet us a Dayboro on th way to Mt Mee just after 9. Looks like 5 of us so far......

krushnuts

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Damien is coming also on Sunday. He's going to meet us a Dayboro on th way to Mt Mee just after 9. Looks like 5 of us so far......

Awesome! FZ1 'bars and a pair of Michelin Pilot Power 2's to wear in as well, can't wait!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Awesome! FZ1 'bars and a pair of Michelin Pilot Power 2's to wear in as well, can't wait!

Sweet , will be fun to show 4 others a clean pair of heals :Flip:.......

Im currently fitting the new Scorpion pipe and K&N filter so watch for the video on youtube later :D :thumbup: