Bris Fizz

You missed a great day for those who didnt make it :D

Was great to meet a new Briz Fizzer by the name of Aaron (Azz) & to see the old timer Krishna back out for a run with the boys :thumbup: Thanks for a great day guys.... I let Krishna fill in the details as he tells a better story than I...... Here is a few pic's at the top of the Mount , Aaron mate that orange jigger is sexy , really awesome colour :rockon:

Ohh yeah & Krishna , dont forget to tell them how Humpy's "armchair" showed the 2 more nimble FZ6's a clean pair of heals through the twisties :BLAA:

You missed a great day for those who didnt make it :D

Was great to meet a new Briz Fizzer by the name of Aaron (Azz) & to see the old timer Krishna back out for a run with the boys :thumbup: Thanks for a great day guys.... I let Krishna fill in the details as he tells a better story than I...... Here is a few pic's at the top of the Mount , Aaron mate that orange jigger is sexy , really awesome colour :rockon:

Ohh yeah & Krishna , dont forget to tell them how Humpy's "armchair" showed the 2 more nimble FZ6's a clean pair of heals through the twisties :BLAA:

Thanks for leading the way Humps, given I'm still learning my way around these parts, a sure sign that I don't get out enough! Babies tend to do that (all good I'm lovin being a Dad!) So a few peeps opting out wasn't gonna stop me from going out for a ride today!

After some breakfast sustenance we headed out from Maccas Booval for a leasurley jaunt through south east queensland, starting off with Mt Lindesay. Lovely sweeping back-country roads lined with green rolling hills turned into some great twisties heading into this lush sub-tropical rainforest zone. A few traffic irritants were swiftly dealt with, and yeah, Humps' mobile couch carved it up at the head of our little convoy with ease ;p I still reckon that black line on the rd at the start was oil...

Following a short break at the turn off to Lyons Rd we eased our way through some road works, icky gravelly bits and patchy bends opened out into some more sweeping country roads. Once we got to the Lyons rd, well, we were in for a bit of a treat there. Being new to the area we took it fairly easy. Good thing too, unmarked bitumen, what looked to be single carriage-way - but was actually double, and throw in a few blind corners made for some interesting situations when traffic came in the other direction! The camber on some of the corners was of the +ve kind, which was good, but every other twist in the rd would sharpley drop off in the apex :eek: All up a great stretch of road - looking forward to going back there.

Another rest by the side of the road near kyogle (sign said so?) before heading to Maccas in Beaudesert - was it Beaudesert? Anyways, it was home time and my stomach couldn't stand any more Maccas for another month methinks!

Had a great time, circa 300kms all up by the time I got home. Thanks for the company fellas. Perhaps next time I'll have a new horse to ride.... Fingers crossed, although as with all benevolent dictatorships, my Treasurer has a tight hold on the purse lol

Thanks for the great day guys, will definitely come out again. I wasn't left in everybody's dust, so that was good, although Humps definitely tore it up!

Couple of pictures, it's a shame the video didn't work out.

Thanks for leading the way Humps

and yeah, Humps' mobile couch carved it up at the head of our little convoy with ease ;p

although Humps definitely tore it up!

This is all im interested in :BLAA:... You know how some days your just in the zone..... That was me yesterday , I was just in the right frame of mind to cut sick :rockon: :rockon: God i had fun , thanks again guys for a great day :thumbup:

This is all im interested in :BLAA:... You know how some days your just in the zone..... That was me yesterday , I was just in the right frame of mind to cut sick :rockon: :rockon: God i had fun , thanks again guys for a great day :thumbup:

bugger.....humps in the zone, wouldv'e been fun :thumbup:
wished i was there.......

bugger.....humps in the zone, wouldv'e been fun :thumbup:
wished i was there.......

Yep you missed it all mate , i was having one of those days where i was better suited to an R1 :rockon: Backing the XJR into corners is ultra impressive though :eek: i would have loved to been able to see it from behind :D

Yeeeahhh, new front tyre :D

I love new tyres, makes it feel like a brand new bike!

EDIT: Damn, wish I got the back too, I want that elephant chicken strip meter :BLAA:

I see you listened to Humpy re the Metzeler :thumbup: Just wait till you get the matching rear , you'll love them even more :D

Right you lot , its this time of the year again & Humpy is going again :D http://www.wattsbridge.com.au/pdfs/fof2010.pdf ...... Anybody else interested ??? Cheap joyflights , amazing sounds , the smell of Avgas , no fences & whole lot more :thumbup: Really is an awesome day entertainment for the family even if aviation isnt your thing :eek: (Is that possible :spank:) :D There may even be a suprise visit from the legendary F-111 :rockon: :rockon:

I went on a bit of a ride today coz' I had the day off (love Thursdays!) and wore in (read: 'thrashed') the new front tyre a bit.
Here's a map of where I went, with various stops along the way of course.

Ballina/Byron Bay Ride - Google Maps

Had heaps of fun, and the tyre was awesome!
Byron Bay was looking good today as well :D
Definitely will be replacing the back with a Metzeler when I have the dough.

I ended up doing about 450KMs there and back, so it was the longest ride I've ever been on too!

Full set

And here's a few I especially liked.

And.. I found a new friend..

Who liked my bike :eek: *peck peck*

Last edited:
Great pics & a great ride mate :thumbup: We may have to head that way on a Bris Fizz trip ;)

Told you those Metzeler's were the ticket didnt I :D

Make sure you enter some of those pic's in the BOTM competition & if you like taking photo's look out for the upcoming Photography competition :rockon:

Thanks you two!
Thursday rides might become a thing for me.

I've only got a point and shoot, but some of them come out alright :D

I put one in BOTM as well

Right you lot , its this time of the year again & Humpy is going again :D http://www.wattsbridge.com.au/pdfs/fof2010.pdf ...... Anybody else interested ??? Cheap joyflights , amazing sounds , the smell of Avgas , no fences & whole lot more :thumbup: Really is an awesome day entertainment for the family even if aviation isnt your thing :eek: (Is that possible :spank:) :D There may even be a suprise visit from the legendary F-111 :rockon: :rockon:

Bump Bump Bumpity Bump its next weekend Fella's anybody coming ??

What.. Australian Superbikes :cheer:

Where.. Willowbank Raceway

Date.. August 22nd (yep this weekend) :D

Meeting.. Macca's Yamanto , Warwick Rd Yamanto just off the Cunningham Highway :thumbup:

Time.. 08:30am

Head out from there about 09:00 for a fun filled day of action packed racing ASBK style , bring your friends/wifes/girlfriends/mistresses :eek: & family... All are :welcome: hope to see plenty of you there :rockon:

Back