Bridgestone BT-023

dobbeusaf

Reaction score
Visit site
I just picked up a set of these tires today. Hope to have them scrubbed in this weekend. Got them for 240 euro installed out here. With the euro rate the way it was it made it cheaper for me to buy them here then to buy online and do it myself. I will post a review of this tire once I get some use out of them. Heard nothing but good things on these tires so hoping I will have the same experience.

FB400

Reaction score
Visit site
I still have probably 4-5k miles left on my stocker 20's so I will wait and see what the reports come back with on actual user mileage on the 023's. My first choice right now would be the PR2ct but hey if this tire can perform as well I would give them a shot. This tire is still too new to know how good it is.. or not. Hoping you guys can put it through the paces and report back how you like it

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
There's a full page ad in the latest Cycle World for the BT-023. Here's a scan of it, thought it was neato.

bt023.jpg

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
That's a cool ad!

I promise I'm gonna post a thread and keep it updated on the BT-023's...lol. I keep forgetting.

I've got ~600 miles on them so far (mostly twisties), and I can see no wear at all, other than being scrubbed in. As far as I'm concerned, these things stick like glue too, and this is coming from BT-016's last season.

Jblk9695

Elite Member
Reaction score
www.MachiningbyBlake.com
Hope the 023's are longer lasting than the 021's.
I probably could have got a little more miles out the rear but decided not to push my luck like I did with the 020 rear(wore it down to the cords:spank:). This time I followed the recommendations to replace when the wear bars are at the surface. Managed 6241k miles out of it, must be the sandpaper roads in the Inland Empire:eek: At least my front & rear tires will match now.:thumbup:
P1020934.jpg

Jerry

amorningstar

Reaction score
Visit site
Just bought 023's on Jake Wilson, free delivery and I googled and found a discount code which saved me an additional $20. Just under $200 delivered. Looking forward to many miles of riding on them!!:thumbup:

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
amorningstar, I got that same deal a couple of months ago. That's a GREAT deal on these tires! I think mine were $187 shipped, IIRC.

To update how my 23's are doing...I've got somewhere between 1500-2000 miles on them (almost exclusively twisties) and they aren't showing any wear at all. And just because they aren't showing any wear (no flat spotting in the middle, etc.) don't think that means these things aren't sticky. They stick like glue. I've had the stock 20's, then the 16's, and I would ALMOST say they stick as well as the 16's (and I'm one owner who actually liked the 20's).

As far as I'm concerned, these are some of the best tires going. It seems like they're going to last a long time (such as the 20's did...I got 10K out of them) and they stick like the 16's (which I got almost 6K out of).

Consider me one happy owner of Bridgestone's latest sport-touring tire! :rockon:

soundgarden

Reaction score
Visit site
I've gotten about 1200kms on them, id say about 3/4 twisties and 1/4 somewhat agressive city drivin:thumbup: Its got tons of grip and feels very stable through corners although I must say they arent quite as nimble as the bt-020. Takes a few minutes to get'em warm just like any other sport touring tire. Id recommend them if you dont have the extra dough to get Pilot Roads.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered a set of BT-023's today! The Dunlops are getting long in the tooth, but 10K miles I can't complain. I like to try different tires, so this round it will be the 023's.

This will be my 4th set of tires since I bought the bike in August 2008.

Set 1 - Dunlop D252 (OEM, bleh)
Set 2 - BT-016 (great tire but wanted higher mileage)
Set 3 - Dunlop Roadsmart (excellent!)
Set 4 - BT-023 (ready to try em!)

I got the 023's from Jake Wilson for $229 shipped. Jake Wilson apparently no longer accepts the $20 discount codes because they claim to have the lowest prices around on tires already, and can't afford to knock off any more of a discount.

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Got the new shoes installed today, but we got rain! :(

Come on Bryan, these are Sport TOURING tires. They're meant to get wet. Now get out there and ride 'em!

I'm curious to see how these feel in comparison to the Pilot Road 2's. I have the Pilots on my Triumph right now and love them, but they sure are expensive compared to the Bridgestones. But they stick like glue, have been getting rediculous miles out of them (currently at 10k with tons of tread left), and they work great in the wet.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Come on Bryan, these are Sport TOURING tires. They're meant to get wet. Now get out there and ride 'em!

I'm curious to see how these feel in comparison to the Pilot Road 2's. I have the Pilots on my Triumph right now and love them, but they sure are expensive compared to the Bridgestones. But they stick like glue, have been getting rediculous miles out of them (currently at 10k with tons of tread left), and they work great in the wet.

Yeah yeah yeah...I know. :D I actually rode on them briefly around the neighborhood after I put the wheels back on the bike. :sinister: