Brett Cole - one-armed motorcycle racer from Alabama

BranNwebster

The UNO Master
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNtfAz7Lbio]YouTube - Brett Cole - one-armed motorcycle racer from Alabama[/ame]

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
thats pretty amazing, a tribute to human perserverence.

but in the video he doesnt lean very far, how did he win a national competition? he must have been racing in the one-armed-racer competition?

Fred

M em b er e d
Reaction score
www.robietech.com
thats pretty amazing, a tribute to human perserverence.

but in the video he doesnt lean very far, how did he win a national competition? he must have been racing in the one-armed-racer competition?

You don't know that he's racing in the video. That was probably a practice lap, where the goal is to get a feel for the track and bike.

You'd feel like a real fool if you pushed it too hard on the practice lap and wiped out before the race even started.

(I know, because I was the pit crew for a kid who did exactly that.)

(I fixed the bike, put him back out in time for the race, and he crashed on the first lap!)

Fred

fireman

Reaction score
Visit site
Thats pretty cool I race woodstrail dirtbikes with a guy that has his arm amputated from the elbow down. He is a very good racer and takes medals home quite often.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You don't know that he's racing in the video. That was probably a practice lap, where the goal is to get a feel for the track and bike.

You'd feel like a real fool if you pushed it too hard on the practice lap and wiped out before the race even started.

(I know, because I was the pit crew for a kid who did exactly that.)

(I fixed the bike, put him back out in time for the race, and he crashed on the first lap!)

Fred

lol, that must have been one long facepalm from you that day.

facepalm.jpg