Brake fluid hose is not snug.

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
Yesterday I replace my rear brake fluid reservoir as my old on had a hole in it. The new reservoir stem is just a slightly smaller diameter than the old one. Because of this the hose and clamp are too loose.

I was thinking of putting a little silicone over it, to seal it and keep it in place. Would this cause any problems? I'm worried the silicone might melt since it is so close to the exhaust.

Cali rider

Reaction score
Visit site
Yesterday I replace my rear brake fluid reservoir as my old on had a hole in it. The new reservoir stem is just a slightly smaller diameter than the old one. Because of this the hose and clamp are too loose.

I was thinking of putting a little silicone over it, to seal it and keep it in place. Would this cause any problems? I'm worried the silicone might melt since it is so close to the exhaust.

If it doesn't fit you have the wrong part. Just that simple. Don't use silicone, have the dealer (or whoever you got it from) replace with the correct item. It appears that the reservoir for an 08 is #4P5-25894-00-00

Last edited:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site

Plastic will melt before silicone.
If you're using RTV type automotive silicone it will be fine but if there's not to much of a difference in size I would try to find the correct size hose or fluid reservoir. Does it have the compression hose clamp? Maybe get a small screw type clamp.

The important thing is to keep contaminants out.

Cloned

Tiger Trainer
Reaction score
Visit site
I ordered the part off ebay, I think it may be for a 2005 (The plastic was a little bluer than my old one)

The dealer, and a couple of OEM stores I checked online, are currently backordered for the part. I was told at least a month before they would have it.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
You want the correct part and correct hose that fits correctly.

Moisture will get in that much quicker, you really don't want to loose any fluid AND YOUR REAR BRAKE to save a couple of bucks.

I wouldn't want any cheap Chinese knock offs on/in a critical part of my bike...

BTW, The link posted is to E-bay in general....

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with Townsend about cheap knock off parts for critical parts of the bike.

I bought a Rizoma rear brake reservoir - fits like a glove. Easy to install.

With some things, you pay for what you get.

Martin75

Reaction score
Visit site
I agree with Townsend about cheap knock off parts for critical parts of the bike.

I bought a Rizoma rear brake reservoir - fits like a glove. Easy to install.

With some things, you pay for what you get.

Agree, :what kazza says.:D