Box Hill - Oh dear...

foxbass

I prefer being on top
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Tanman, Have you seen what they've done to our precious Box Hill lately??
I hadn't been up for a while but when you mentioned it in another thread, I decided to have a blast one recent sunny afternoon.

It seems that in preparation for the Olympics they put ruddy great speed humps all the way up so we don't frighten the Lycrabum brigade. Now I'm not a total speed freak but J H Christ they've ruined it!!:spank:
Its now a mere procession with endless bicycle hazards and Rykers is now full of bikers sitting around sulking into their coffees.

Don't think I'll bother again mate.

Sign of the times - yet again:(

nivag

Reaction score
Visit site
I thought zig zag hill had speed bumps prior to the Olympics. Haven't been up it for a while but stop off at Rykers ever now and then.

PhotoAl

Reaction score
Visit site
My wife just returned from England and was telling me about how bad it was with the variable speed limits and trying to drive 300 miles in one day. Stop creep, speed, stop, creep, ... speed cameras everywhere. Very difficult for someone not used to the roads. Likewise Italy has always been a fun country to drive in but they are putting in more and more speed cameras plus the ZTL areas. Well you could have driven to your hotel via this twisted obscure route . . .