Bought my "new" 2008 fz6 yesterday

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I got a good deal on it, $3,800 with 1964 miles on the bike plus a joe rocket jacket, nelson riggs tank bag and saddle bags and a htc helmet.

The bike was a little over 250 miles away from home so we drove up the day before and spent the night so we could get the title changed over, hit up the dmv and ride it home the next day.

The bike runs great and is even more comfortable than I expected. I bought grip puppies and a throttle rocker 2 expecting the grips to be vibey but I was pleasantly surprised on the test ride how smooth the bike actually is. I ended up only using the throttle rocker and put the grip puppies back in the bag for now. The only issues i had was my butt got a little numb after a few hours of riding but a quick stop at the gas station to hop off the bike for a few minutes fixed that.

I know you guys have seen a stock bike a million times but here are pics of mine at the dmv, on the way home and the next morning lol.

bie25.jpg

bike20.jpg

bike8final.jpg

bike4final.jpg

bike3final.jpg

bike12f.jpg

bike9final.jpg

bike6final.jpg

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
this morning

bike31.jpg

bike33.jpg

bike34.jpg

bike35.jpg

bike32.jpg

bike30.jpg

I like it a lot so far, looking forward to having some fun on it this summer.

Evitzee

Reaction score
Visit site
Nice color ....

The bike isn't exactly stock, the original owner removed the rear platform that held the turn signals and license plate and side reflectors. And the front turn signals have been replaced. Not sure why he didn't remove the front fork reflectors at the same time while he was trying to clean up the clutter. And the screen has been replaced as well.

kenny1

Reaction score
Visit site
Great pictures.

I own the very same model. Bought it on eBay last Winter and had to travel 200 miles to pick it up. Hadn't owned a bike for over 10 years and had to endure one of the worst journeys I've ever ridden with freezing temperatures and thick fog. Thankfully summers here and that's just a distant memory now.
Owned a XJ650 (was stolen) and an XJ750 (seca) it's replacement, and this bike is everything those bikes never quite managed to be.
It really is a terrific motorcycle though I would gladly swap some of the power for a nice clean shaft drive (getting older and don't ride so fast these days).

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice color ....

The bike isn't exactly stock, the original owner removed the rear platform that held the turn signals and license plate and side reflectors. And the front turn signals have been replaced. Not sure why he didn't remove the front fork reflectors at the same time while he was trying to clean up the clutter. And the screen has been replaced as well.

i am well aware of the minor changes on the bike. i still consider it basically stock, i am also aware of what color the bike is too. :thumbup:

the screen appears to be a stock painted screen to me. I will have him send a letter of apology to you for not removing the front fork reflectors, please pm me your mailing address when you have time. :)

kenny1 how has your bike treated you so far? any mods to it yet? i think i may get the lower fairings or belly pan and a seat cowl. from what i have read so far it does not appear there are many performance mods that make a reasonable performance increase for the $ so I may stay away from those. possibly drop a tooth on the front sprocket down the road.

Goop

Chips & Dip
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That bike looks very familiar! ;) Awesome find, you'll love it!

I always liked the depth of the cobalt blue color. So I had to have it too.

Last edited:

kenny1

Reaction score
Visit site
"How has your bike treated you so far? any mods to it yet? i think i may get the lower fairings or belly pan and a seat cowl. from what i have read so far it does not appear there are many performance mods that make a reasonable performance increase for the $ so I may stay away from those. possibly drop a tooth on the front sprocket down the road."

I don't use the bike for commuting so haven't done a lot of miles.
It gives me a huge grin every time I go out on it - The handling, speed and brakes are so much better than anything I've ridden in the past.

My bike came with heated grips, crash bobbins and a top box and rack.
The only thing I've added is a carbon fender extender and will be shortly be trying a Cee Bailey screen, which one of the forum members has kindly sold me.

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
+1 on adding color matched belly pan. I like what the previous owner did with the signals and fender eliminator. Looks custom and not from a kit.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That bike looks very familiar! ;) Awesome find, you'll love it!

I always liked the depth of the cobalt blue color. So I had to have it too.

it is really hard to get a photo of this color, i was not sure i would like it but once i seen it in person out in the light i really liked it.

thanks and i hope this storm passes quickly today so i can go back out and ride lol.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
lol yeah i know. they were in the tank bag, it was so damn hot and humid out that i just couldn't take it.

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
lol yeah i know. they were in the tank bag, it was so damn hot and humid out that i just couldn't take it.

Well nobody can tell me it's too hot, as I live here in Vegas and today it's suppose to reach at least 112 degrees. I still wear gloves. But we do not have the humidity to deal with. Actually, it's impossible to ride without gloves during the summer, you will burn your hands everytime you reach for your clutch or brake levers. They get sizzling HOT!

But not wearing proper riding gloves, putting out your hands are often the first natural reaction for a rider to stop or ease the fall. At that speed, there will be nothing left of your hands. So if you don't mind having somebody to wipe your ass for the rest of your life everytime after you go take a dump because it was too hot & humid out to wear gloves, that's your decision.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Well nobody can tell me it's too hot, as I live here in Vegas and today it's suppose to reach at least 112 degrees. I still wear gloves. But we do not have the humidity to deal with. Actually, it's impossible to ride without gloves during the summer, you will burn your hands everytime you reach for your clutch or brake levers. They get sizzling HOT!

But not wearing proper riding gloves, putting out your hands are often the first natural reaction for a rider to stop or ease the fall. At that speed, there will be nothing left of your hands. So if you don't mind having somebody to wipe your ass for the rest of your life everytime after you go take a dump because it was too hot & humid out to wear gloves, that's your decision.

yeah that was the plan, i was hoping to hire a full time ass wiper even if i keep my hands but i thought it would maybe give the lucky person a little more incentive to start the ass wiping sooner if i was fortunate enough to lose my hands on the way home. Keen eye you have there to spot my master plan.

as for the heat, i am sure where you are located is the hottest place in the universe, specifically the sun seems to focus its strongest rays on the exact location of your hand grips for some odd reason. I hope one day i can be so lucky to have that problem so i can post up on the internet about it in a motorcycle forum and make myself look like "the man" as you have done.

you lucky lucky guy! thumbs up to you sir! :thumbup:

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
As long you know the consequences, you can ride even without a helmet if the law allows you to. That's all that I'm pointing out. That's the problem with many riders, they just don't think about the consequences and often think it can't happen to them But if you are willing to accept the risk, that's fine. Your body, your bike. Enjoy your new ride.

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
As long you know the consequences, you can ride even without a helmet if the law allows you to. That's all that I'm pointing out. That's the problem with many riders, they just don't think about the consequences and often think it can't happen to them But if you are willing to accept the risk, that's fine. Your body, your bike. Enjoy your new ride.

yeah it sure is my ride. I am sure no other riders out there think about the consequences other than yourself. You hit the nail on the head though, the first thing that goes through my mind when i get on a bike is "hey nothing is going to happen to me!" so i armor all my seat, hand grips and my tires, strip down naked and go full throttle into 4 lanes of traffic. so far it has worked out great.

Thanks for all your concern and assumptions on how i live my life. heck your almost as good at telekinesis as that guy on the bran cereal commercials. so far everything you have assumed about me has been 100% spot on.

Also, thanks for taking my thread about my new bike to being all about you, hopefully your ego has been sufficiently boosted that you will be able to make it through another day.

Enjoy the rest of your day :)

Wavex

Lazy Mod :D
Reaction score
Visit site
Also, thanks for taking my thread about my new bike to being all about you, hopefully your ego has been sufficiently boosted that you will be able to make it through another day.

lol if you knew Kenny you'd know it wasn't an ego trip... He is an MSF instructor and an awesome dude just trying to give ppl his honest advice.

I thought the same thing looking at your pics "no gloves! ouch!".

Anyway, nice bike! :D

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
lol if you knew Kenny you'd know it wasn't an ego trip... He is an MSF instructor and an awesome dude just trying to give ppl his honest advice.

I thought the same thing looking at your pics "no gloves! ouch!".

Anyway, nice bike! :D

Thanks and I understand offering advice but the way he is putting it comes off very arrogant which is not appreciated.

If possible can you clean up the off topic posts if it is not too much trouble?

Thanks

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Well if you kind of know the history of the forum, if the glove thing wasn't pointed out by me, it would have been pointed out by somebody else. We have ALL been noted for something negative, including myself.