Bought a New Bike!

Ultrarandom

Reaction score
Visit site
I got a black one of these a month and a half ago too. Amazing little bike haha, so much fun.
Takes a bit of getting used to but I bought it just as a fun bike so put a 14t front sprocket on and just piss around doing wheelies and the like on it.

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Congratulations! That is a cool machine. Saw a guy maneuvering through our local streets as nimble as you can be during our rush our. Wait a minute....Why would they call it rush hour...? You're not going anywhere quick!!! :)

Ultrarandom

Reaction score
Visit site
Did you buy new? If so I'm curious what you did for break-in.

Yeah I did, just did what the dealer said which was "Go hard, it's a Honda, just don't hold the rpms at one point for too long" me and my friend who bought one at the same time proceeded to burnout and wheelie away from the dealership. Cool thing is they said they'd still cover warranty for pretty much anything no matter how much we modify them. That included specifically asking about getting a big bore kit for it.

Last edited:

Serzedo

Reaction score
www.mototurismoadois.pt.vu
Yeah I did, just did what the dealer said which was "Go hard, it's a Honda, just don't hold the rpms at one point for too long" me and my friend who bought one at the same time proceeded to burnout and wheelie away from the dealership. Cool thing is they said they'd still cover warranty for pretty much anything no matter how much we modify them. That included specifically asking about getting a big bore kit for it.

You are kidding right?

Because I had a Honda in the past and the owner's manual said to do like all the others, going easy with it.

"V"

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
You are kidding right?

Because I had a Honda in the past and the owner's manual said to do like all the others, going easy with it.

"V"

The owners manual for the Grom says:

"During the first 500 km (300 miles) of running,
follow these guidelines to ensure your
motorcycle’s future reliability and performance.
● Avoid full-throttle starts and rapid
acceleration.
● Avoid hard braking.
● Ride conservatively"

The it's a Honda line is BS too, the Honda Civic has been the most unreliable car I've ever owned. So many drivetrain problems before 200,000 miles compared to GM vehicles I've owned.

yamihoe

Professional test dummy
Reaction score
Visit site
T

The it's a Honda line is BS too, the Honda Civic has been the most unreliable car I've ever owned. So many drivetrain problems before 200,000 miles compared to GM vehicles I've owned.

WHAT? what GM (other then a square body pickup with the good old 350) is reliable? find me an impala, a malibu, a cobalt, a sunfire, a cav, a suburban, a tahoe, etc that is reliable and low maintenance like almost every honda? some hondas have ecu issues and main relay things and many, many people utterly neglect a lot of them but compared to the brilliant cascade shutdown GM has on their newer model ECU, their notorious brake booster issues, their horrendous interior build quality, their steering gear issues and lifter issues, (similar to the 5.7 Hemi in the Rams and Charger/300, but I wont even rant about the Chryslers) I fear Ive derailed this enough so Ill stop now :( lol
and to be fair, I have never owned a Honda or a GM

thisisbenji

Reaction score
Visit site
WHAT? what GM (other then a square body pickup with the good old 350) is reliable? find me an impala, a malibu, a cobalt, a sunfire, a cav, a suburban, a tahoe, etc that is reliable and low maintenance like almost every honda? some hondas have ecu issues and main relay things and many, many people utterly neglect a lot of them but compared to the brilliant cascade shutdown GM has on their newer model ECU, their notorious brake booster issues, their horrendous interior build quality, their steering gear issues and lifter issues, (similar to the 5.7 Hemi in the Rams and Charger/300, but I wont even rant about the Chryslers) I fear Ive derailed this enough so Ill stop now :( lol
and to be fair, I have never owned a Honda or a GM

1998 Grand Prix GT
1991 Silverado 1500
2006 Cobalt

All have easily hit 200,000 miles with far fewer repairs than my Civic required to hit 175,000 miles. Silverado is at almost 300,000 miles right now and we traded in the Grand Prix at 250,000 miles while it was still running like a champ.

Ultrarandom

Reaction score
Visit site
The owners manual for the Grom says:

"During the first 500 km (300 miles) of running,
follow these guidelines to ensure your
motorcycle’s future reliability and performance.
● Avoid full-throttle starts and rapid
acceleration.
● Avoid hard braking.
● Ride conservatively"

Being 100% serious, go over to the honda grom forums and you'll see that's how they all recommend breaking it in.
The hard braking thing is a load of bs too, mainly in there because you have to bed in the brakes, was easily doing endos and rear slides within the first 100km.
The Honda thing is true about their motorcycles, the car division makes awful vehicles though.

Serzedo

Reaction score
www.mototurismoadois.pt.vu
For me Honda motorcycles are way, way inferior comparing to Yamaha, my Honda kept shutting down when I was on the move, the 5th gear sometimes jumped when I was going to overtake, foot pegs paint going off... a lot of mess. And I bought it with 0 km's, only made 34.000 and sold it for the Fazer.

"V"