Bought a car, finally.

chunkygoat

Reaction score
Visit site
Well here in pennsylvania its getting cold now, especially at 4:30am - and after 8 months of not owning a car, I finally finally finally bought a car and got it today. Its a honda spivic - ha - and I bought it for 500$ from a friend. She bought it from a coparts auction for cheap - and she is a training automechanic working an apprenticeship at SUBARU.

Runs great, new motor put in with only 37,000 on the motor and 140,000 on the chassis. Its an R title which means it was probably either stolen or crashed at some point. But for 500$:Flip:, and at the price of fuel today, its great. 28$ fills the tank and I travel about 250 miles. I must admit, I feel ashamed to be driving a ricer, but it makes me laugh.

Not to bash riding, but I've ridden every day for so long now, it really feels like a luxury to not have to ride - no matter what. As much as I love the bike, its really nice to have the option to be lazy and take the car. I have put 24,000 miles on it in 3 years, driving within a very small radius of distance.

So now that I have a car again, I don't have to freeze my cahones off on my morning commute. And I got a really good bargain from an old friend.

The interior is dubbed over in a red racing style so everybody I've shown so far has asked me what is done to the engine - and its really a stock automatic civic. So I'm really getting a major kick out of this. I'm contemplating jokingly ricing it out - because it is funny some of the looks I get now. :BLAA:

I'll show you guys a picture.

dxh24

Ambitious But Rubbish
Reaction score
Visit site
As long as you don't "bolt lots of racing car bits to it" you'll be fine!

Gratz on the new ride, and i have to agree, sometimes it is nice to just be lazy, turn the heat/ac and radio and go to wherever your going. However i just got my bike back so the car will be out of commission, indefinitely. :D