Booster Plug Review

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
I gave this little guy a chance since the FZ6's less than 5K rpm power/smoothness hasn't been the best so far and I didn't want to go with a Power Commander and dyno trouble.

It was a breeze to install. Raise the tank, unplug the original sensor and plug the booster in. Fit the booster's sensor close to the air entry and voila. Did 100Km on it and got to say that it runs smoother than before at low rpm. Did not notice anything any difference above 5K rpm nor any gain in power. Just smoother.

Note that I have a K&N air filter and Leo Vince exhaust incl a cat delete, so it was probably running a bit lean before.

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I bought one for my BMW R1200 GS, which seemed to "hunt" at low throttle, particularly while cruising downhill. It seemed to smooth things out, a bit, but oddly it caused more "backfire" when letting off the throttle, rather than less. I probably wouldn't buy it again, for my beemer.
And, just as a reference: the FZ-6 has the smoothest, silkiest, most perfect fueling/response ever, compared to my boxer-engined beemer.

elus1ve

Reaction score
Visit site
And, just as a reference: the FZ-6 has the smoothest, silkiest, most perfect fueling/response ever, compared to my boxer-engined beemer.

But compared the the Bimmer R1000s, Kawa Z1000, Aprilia RSV4, Yama R1, which I have (unfortunately) gotten to ride and experience, the FZ6 is a crude and rough one :)