Blue Headlights?

jstoof

Reaction score
Visit site
I searched the site for a thread but couldnt really find a real answer:ban:.. I want to make my lights a nice blue color without spending over $50 so what are the best replacement headlights that will give me the nice blue look without swithching to HID. Im not concerned with light output to much since i rarely ride in the night

fureinku

Reaction score
Visit site
any ebay headlights will do the trick, you can find chinese made h4 sets and h7 sets for less than 10 a set shipped

i went with silverstars for light output.. they arent blue but i can see, and they will pass inspection

jstoof

Reaction score
Visit site
any ebay headlights will do the trick, you can find chinese made h4 sets and h7 sets for less than 10 a set shipped

i went with silverstars for light output.. they arent blue but i can see, and they will pass inspection

Ive looked at others and they arent blue even though they are colored blue but i want some that are visibly blue in the headlight housing without spending big money

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
When I got my RX7 it had one blue H4 bulb and one normal one for some reason. I took it out long ago but it might still be lying around here somewhere. It wasn't pure blue light going out, but you could definitely tell it was bluer than the normal bulb on the other side. If I find it I'll post up the part number.

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
Most of those blue colored halogen bulbs are a waste of time and money. For starters, they scream "ricer" and they actually put out less useable light because the blue capsule filters out some available light.

+1 on the Silverstar comment. They're brighter than stock and don't have that ricer look of the really blue or purple colored lights.

jstoof

Reaction score
Visit site
Most of those blue colored halogen bulbs are a waste of time and money. For starters, they scream "ricer" and they actually put out less useable light because the blue capsule filters out some available light.

+1 on the Silverstar comment. They're brighter than stock and don't have that ricer look of the really blue or purple colored lights.
well i dont care if its a "ricer" look i just want that same look of the r6's going down the street with there blue headlights and like i said i dont do much night riding only through town and there are enough street lamps to do the job im just going for the look

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
well i dont care if its a "ricer" look i just want that same look of the r6's going down the street with there blue headlights and like i said i dont do much night riding only through town and there are enough street lamps to do the job im just going for the look

You need to look for the H7 & H4 bulbs that list their light output in degrees Kelvin. The 'temperature' is the band of light they emit. The higher the number, the more into the blue and violet part of the spectrum.

Standard H4 tends to be around 4300
Brightest white light at about 6000
Blue tends towards 8000
10,000 kelvin puts you into violet light, as I recall.

fureinku

Reaction score
Visit site
You need to look for the H7 & H4 bulbs that list their light output in degrees Kelvin. The 'temperature' is the band of light they emit. The higher the number, the more into the blue and violet part of the spectrum.

Standard H4 tends to be around 4300
Brightest white light at about 6000
Blue tends towards 8000
10,000 kelvin puts you into violet light, as I recall.

now.. this is ofcourse is true on HID, for halogen/gas xenon.. the lights arent truely producing "6000K" light, just with a 4000k light in a blue tinted lens to appear more hot. im sure we all knew this..

but to my point about ebay lights, im not sure what answer you are looking for, because you have it. if ebay lights or tinted lights arent blue enough, then you are going to have to bite the bullet on hid's

the simple truth is, the blue on halogens comes from the tint on the lens, therefore theres no other answer to you question, a tinted halogen bulb is a bulb is a bulb. just look for the highest claimed light temp for the bluest color, probabaly no higher than 8000k as mentioned above

Last edited:

Bacon

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe have a look at Philips DiamondVision bulbs? The give out a very white/blue light.

Not sure if you can get them over there though.