Bloody hell - Lorry shunt motorway footage...

dean owens

Hippopotomonstrosesquiped
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.ccf-unc.org
:jawdrop::eek::jawdrop::eek:

did he just not see the car? holy mackerel! i'm guessing the people in the car needed a new pair a shorts after that was all over and should have been able to buy top of the line shorts with the money they get from the driver or the company. i'm not a sue happy person but dang... somebody is payin' some money for that.

Dennis in NH

Reaction score
Visit site
I assume lorry means truck.

I don't know what to say about that one. Truck must have been so powerful, it didn't even notice? I'm not sure I believe that one.

Dennis

Ridgeback

Wakin up the neighbours
Reaction score
Visit site
Not April fools day yet is it?
If that's real,then the lorry driver should never set his hands on a wheel ever again.

Thing that bothers me,is the lack of sparks,as the tyres on that clio would have blown out a loooong way back.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Wow - I thought it may of been staged at first...

BBC News - Lorry shunt motorway footage sparks probe

If you find a newspaper article about that, I'd appreciate it. Photos of the aftermath, too........

I just can't believe that's real. ~60MPH? You would expect to see the tires smoking on the car, and the chassis bouncing up and down -- more than likely the tires would have failed. The side of the car would be crushed, if it had been hit at speed; and there's no freaking way someone would have started pushing that car sideways from zero MPH without noticing what was happening.

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Seeing it being reported on multiple networks; and the trucking firm acknowledging it is in fact real makes it more believable.... Seems odd that the Cleo driver has not been identified, and there are no other photos of the car or truck to date. Says a lot about the car, to survive that.

There must be public record police reports, right? The articles state this happened in mid January.... Not sure how the law works in the UK, concerning evidence and such so I don't know what would be available to the news services.

I'd really like to see what turns up in the coming days on this.

alanrim

Reaction score
Visit site
There must be public record police reports, right?

Not necessarily if no one is injured the police generally don't get involved.

I imagine the insurance company and transport company thought the description of the events was a person in shock, and it looks like not that much damage happened to either vehicle.

My guess would be one vehicle drifted into the other, both travelling about the same speed, the Cleo just gets swept onto the front of the lorry.

The state of the roads here at moment, a knock like that could be taken as a pothole.

Fz6Daveg

Reaction score
Visit site
:eek: I'm keeping my eye's open for that Truck. It's from Sandbach, Cheshire. That's not far from where i live.

The Driver definately needs to look down, not just straight ahead. Also a refreshers test wouldn't go a miss with clown's like that !!

Tailgate

Reaction score
Visit site
Do you expect me to believe that? Get out. Now, how do you suppose the lorry driver first started out? You saying that he got into the cab, started her up and didn't notice anything unusual? Get out.

Jez

Reaction score
Visit site
I've no idea how this one happened - it's just incredible - but I did once see a lorry hook a Mini Metro and drag it a good couple of hundred yards without realising. The lorry had started to change lanes, the Metro got trapped just behind the front wheel and started to get pulled round the back of the cab, under the second set of wheels. The Metro driver then managed to break free and spun across the carriageway.

The reason I remember it so clearly was that he then crashed into me.

lonesoldier84

SuperFlanker Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Do you expect me to believe that? Get out. Now, how do you suppose the lorry driver first started out? You saying that he got into the cab, started her up and didn't notice anything unusual? Get out.

my uncle who drives a truck once rear ended a small hatchback at a red light. he pushed the car like 5 or 10 feet while getting ready for the green light. he stopped when he noticed a grinding noise.

note to riders and drivers: dont stop in front of a semi-truck unless u are ample distance in front of it.

this is definitely believable.

just madness. that poor lady must have been just traumatized.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Quote "I was watching other cars, thinking, "Help me, just help me" – but they didn't seem to be doing very much.'

What a dozy mare, exactly what she was expecting people to do I have no idea?

I am glad she is OK, I am wondering if she actually pulled out in front of the lorry whilst it was in her blind spot? After all she did feel a slight bump (is that an understatement) and it occurred as she was pulling onto the motorway.

Nelly

RJ2112

Reaction score
www.etsy.com
Quote "I was watching other cars, thinking, "Help me, just help me" – but they didn't seem to be doing very much.'

What a dozy mare, exactly what she was expecting people to do I have no idea?

I am glad she is OK, I am wondering if she actually pulled out in front of the lorry whilst it was in her blind spot? After all she did feel a slight bump (is that an understatement) and it occurred as she was pulling onto the motorway.

Nelly

I assume the merging vehicle has the responsibility to do so safely, like here in the 'states? I have to agree, sounds like she cut in front of the truck below his sight line. Amazing that she could have missed seeing the truck approaching as she merged...

I'd have to think the speed difference between the truck and the Cleo had to be very small, like she was up to 59 and the truck was cruising at 60 when it clipped her rear quarter. For her to end up sideways, you'd think she had to have already been at an angle when the 'hit' occurred. Especially with how slight the damage to the car is. Not much impact speed at all.