BikeVis Bullet LED Lights for Visibility Review

raja777m

Ride like you own it..!
Reaction score
Visit site
Old thread, but I have a couple of question regarding the bullets...

I just received my Bullets v2 today to compliment the Hyperlites modular brake lights that are on the way, and was wondering how the long term experience is with the original bullets.

1. Firstly - Are you still happy with them?

2. Is the up side down mounting in the "air duct" a good place for them? Are they still attached, or do they come loose from the vibration or air flow?

3. It looks like they are angled slightly upwards when mounted in the "air duct". Is this a problem for oncoming traffic? I guess that since the light beam isn't focused, any kind of mounting may be a problem for oncoming traffic, though...

4. Do any of you have any pointers to alternative locations for the bullets? I want them to be centered both on the horisontal and vertical axis, but I can't find a good place that can be used without a bracket of some sort.

Thanks in advance for any and all feedback! :thumbup:

Where did you place them?
There is a hole on each side of the fairing, next to the headlight, looks like small air vent, I would like to put them there, if it were me.

This is where I'm talking about, marked in red, next to front turn signals.
Untitled.png

Last edited:

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
I found a different location for them. The bike is sold now, but if I can find the other FZ6 in my neighborhood I can take a pic and show you. Or find a different pic on the web and indicate the location.

--
Sent from the restaurant at the end of the universe, probably using a PC, an iPhone or an iPad.

Popeye70

Reaction score
Visit site
Here's a pic of my bike, where you can see the bullets. They are located just below where the indicators are fastened to the bike. See the two small yellowish dots, midway between the orange blinker and the shiny fork? That's them.

5c7346aa6f8b38b51787fff1a57a14bb.jpg

You can barely see them on this pic as well.

1e5af4ef1167f30ac0211a3f91d26779.jpg

The bullets are fastened sideways, with the sticky side pointing outwards. I had to drill one small hole on each side to get the wire inside the fairing. Once inside, I could let the wire follow the original wire harness to the head lights up to a place where I could splice into the harness.

I placed the bullets as far back as I could, so the fairing would prevent too much of the light to spill to the sides. I only wanted the light from the bullets to be seen from the front ("front-ish"), not 90 degrees to the side. This, and by putting them in there, the hole would not be visible if I decided to remove the bullets later on.

Did that make any sense...?

--
Sent from the restaurant at the end of the universe, probably using a PC, an iPhone or an iPad.