bike year?

NewKidOnTheBlock

Reaction score
Visit site
So im looking to buy an FZ6 and i understand that there are some differences made on the 2007+ models, are these differences big enough that i should only be looking at 07+ models?

VEGASRIDER

100K Mile Member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
There is a pretty big difference between 2006 and 2007, too many to go into details but try using the search tab and type in some keywords and you'll probably find several thread pertaining to this subject.

There is no difference between the 2007 thru 2009, they stop making them in '09 and began producing the FZ6R. Totallly different.

MHS

Reaction score
Visit site
I rode my buddy's 2004 home, as he bought it before he could ride... and I own a 2009.

It still felt like the same bike to me.

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Get a 2007+ model

Ok thanks for the link! so i see the differences but has anybody ridden both the newer and older models? is it a significant difference?

I have not ridden both, but I've been on the FZ6 forums since I bought my 2004 new back in 2004, so I've read lots of comparisons.

If I was looking for a FZ6, I'd definitely get a 2007+ model to get the better brakes, the analog tachometer, the helmet lock, the nicer swingarm/chain adjusters, and the improved windscreen. The 2007+ model has a different engine control module (computer) which has supposedly improved throttle response. (It also has an oxygen sensor which the 2004-2006 models do not have.)

I like my 2004 FZ6 (silver/black is an awesome color combination) but I've had to do many modifications to get it to where I want, and I still have the crappy digital tachometer and the horribly turbulent wind (I've tried three different windscreens so far).

Maybe someday I'll upgrade the front plastics to the 2007+ style and put the new instrument panel in....

grocery thrower

Beer Head
Reaction score
Visit site
I have an FZ6R, its an 09...I was begining to wonder to be honest, I'm not new to message boards just here, so...that in mind I used the search function and after longer than I would like I came upon this post, glad I did because my bike looks nothing like the other 09's, now I know, and I'm glad I do..now I gotta start a thread tomorrow when I get some pics!! :D

FIZZER6

The Angry Blue Mantis
Reaction score
Visit site
They is not a huge difference...you do feel smoother on/off throttle though with 2007+. On the other side of it many owners feel that the 2004-2006 front fairing looked better (I think it does). But then I'd also like to have a painted front fender.

callmegandhi

IM4TH
Reaction score
Visit site
Ok thanks for the link! so i see the differences but has anybody ridden both the newer and older models? is it a significant difference?

I have an 04 and my fiance has an 08. The only real significant difference is the speedometer. I like hers alot better, she has a needle tachometer where mine is digital. Small differences in the front fairing and winscreens. Does anybody know will a 08 tach and speedo work on an 04? Would like to switch if they're compatible. So if anyone has sone it let me know!

Last edited: