bike starting up

Reaction score
Visit site
now i know it a different bike and the kawi is carburated but i figured someone might have some insight...occasionally it won't start for like a min...like it will sit there trying to turn over cranking but seems like nvr gets any gas...but then it will start right up no problem...last time i tried adjusting choke and made no difference...just starts up when it feels like it lol...only does it probably once every couple hundred starts though...any opinions on whats going on?

champion221elite

Reaction score
Visit site
An engine needs 3 things delivered at the correct time to run properly. Those items are fuel, compression and ignition. Since your problem is intermittent, you can likely rule out fuel delivery and compression since a problem with one of those two elements should remain constant. That leaves ignition (spark) which is often an intermittent problem. A chain is only as strong as the weakest link, and in the case of most engines, that weak link is the electrical system.

It sounds like you might have an electrical gremlin hiding in the bike. I'd start by checking the kill switch and other electrical connections. If your bike is equipped with a side stand switch, try cleaning the contact points and ensure proper operation.

Last edited: