Bike Sales

grommit

...M
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I just read this on the MCN web site Yamaha sales steady despite big price hikes | MCN

I checked the data on The Motorcycle Industry Association - MCIA site and sales of R1s a few of years ago was in excess of 2000, it only goes back to 2007. The prices of bikes have gone up so much (R1 was about £9k in 2007 and is now well over 12) here in the UK due to exchange reasons (they say) and sales of all bikes HAVE gone down every year since we found out the bankers were _ankers, they are not steady.

Now if they put the prices down then maybe they would sell more, generates more income for the dealers etc. I think they are just shooting themselves in the helmet at the moment. :eek:

Morning rant over.:D

The Toecutter

Hero for Hire
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
The prices have gotten ridiculous...you can buy a cage with a/cand an auto transmission for 12 grand....theres just not enough metal,and electronics on a bike to justify the price to me,but the Jap bikes are still resonable compared to the LOW tech junk Harley Davidson is outrageously over priceing....(I don't see how they sleep at night!) :BLAA:

deeptekkie

Reaction score
Visit site
The prices have gotten ridiculous...you can buy a cage with a/cand an auto transmission for 12 grand....theres just not enough metal,and electronics on a bike to justify the price to me,but the Jap bikes are still resonable compared to the LOW tech junk Harley Davidson is outrageously over priceing....(I don't see how they sleep at night!) :BLAA:
Hey.....easy Bud! Just my opinion: For the price of an overpriced bike you may also get:
1) Job security. (You SHOULD check for those loose bolts frequently)
2) Full body massage (with every ride)
3) No dust in your parking area (If you have oil leaks)
4) Magic tricks for the kids (if those spare parts fall off! ie; Horn, foot pegs, mirrors, etc)

LERecords

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
see.. i would love a new bike.. something like a fz8 or hell even a street triple, but i cant justify spending that kind of money.. i paid 6.5k total for the fz6 and i thought even that was a bit expensive.. after tax and fee's i can see paying around 9k for an fz8.. i just cant see me paying 9k for a new bike, especially when there is absolutly nothing wrong with my bike...