Bike is home and Thanks qwickflick

edfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
So we picked up the bike yesterday and man was that a long day...took about 3 hours to get there and another 3 hours back plus the time to pick- up and drop off the trailer.. I remembered the ride as we pass certain roads and man that was fun.. thanks to the guy who was nice enough to hold onto the bike which he rode from his mothers garage where i went down to his shop down the street..hardcore Harley dude.. I'm hoping the damage is minimal. From what we saw without taking anything off was the forks, wheel, tires, fan, possibly the radiator and tank needs replacement.. I guess if he was able to ride even if its a half block then its mechanically sound. While pulling out we passed the house where I went down and saw the homeowner. I went thank her and as we talked she mentioned that I was very lucky because that hill and her corner had a lot of fallen riders that had to be airlifted out..for escaping major injuries, i thank God!! And please to all of you ATGATT!! I will try to fix the bike but I know it will take time as funds will be the main factor... i will surely be looking for help from you guys as i get parts... again thanks to all that stayed with me and to all that was involved in the nj/ pa ride and a big THANK YOU to Anthony for the assist!!!
Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to hear you got the bike back and that you're physically well, Ed! Guess you don't have full coverage on your FZ? :(

Did Anthony go out there with you to pick the bike up??

Ben_H

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to here your ok. From what I saw you just need forks a turn signal bracket and fuel tank and maybe a right side rear set. You could just do r6 forks they are easy to find and easy to install. Pm me if you want a turn signal bracket I will send it for free.

Smersh

The Pillaging Tatar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to hear you are ok, man. Sorry to hear about the bike, but most importantly, you are ok!

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site
So we picked up the bike yesterday and man was that a long day...took about 3 hours to get there and another 3 hours back plus the time to pick- up and drop off the trailer.. and a big THANK YOU to Anthony for the assist!!!

np man!

Glad to hear you got the bike back and that you're physically well, Ed! Guess you don't have full coverage on your FZ? :(

Did Anthony go out there with you to pick the bike up??

yea we took that long drive down there..traffic held us up a lot:(

PosterFZ6

Reaction score
Visit site
So we picked up the bike yesterday and man was that a long day...took about 3 hours to get there and another 3 hours back plus the time to pick- up and drop off the trailer.. I remembered the ride as we pass certain roads and man that was fun.. thanks to the guy who was nice enough to hold onto the bike which he rode from his mothers garage where i went down to his shop down the street..hardcore Harley dude.. I'm hoping the damage is minimal. From what we saw without taking anything off was the forks, wheel, tires, fan, possibly the radiator and tank needs replacement.. I guess if he was able to ride even if its a half block then its mechanically sound. While pulling out we passed the house where I went down and saw the homeowner. I went thank her and as we talked she mentioned that I was very lucky because that hill and her corner had a lot of fallen riders that had to be airlifted out..for escaping major injuries, i thank God!! And please to all of you ATGATT!! I will try to fix the bike but I know it will take time as funds will be the main factor... i will surely be looking for help from you guys as i get parts... again thanks to all that stayed with me and to all that was involved in the nj/ pa ride and a big THANK YOU to Anthony for the assist!!!

I am glad you are okay dude.

Bike can be fixed. Live and learn.

Ohh and that guy looked like he walked off straight off the set of Sons of Anarchy lol.

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
yea we took that long drive down there..traffic held us up a lot:(

Anthony, that's seriously awesome of you to help a fellow forum member out like that!!

Just so everyone understands, Anthony met Ed on this ride.
When Ed crashed, Anthony wrote down the contact info of the guy in PA holding Ed's bike. Few days went by and Anthony drove with Ed all the way back to PA to pick the bike up and get it home (and picked up bike trailer on the way.. and I'm guessing dropped it off too?)

Anthony also wanted to go to the hospital when Ed was driven away in an Ambulance, but I talked him out of it, since I didn't think he'd be able to take him home once Ed would get discharged and EMT assured me that Ed's injuries were minor and they were just taking him in to be safe.

Give the man some reputation points, everyone!!

And how about a community award? (I know it exists :) )

edfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
Anthony, that's seriously awesome of you to help a fellow forum member out like that!!

AbsoFREAKINlutely!!

trepetti

It's all good!
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Everyone who rides likes to wave to other riders as though are part of a community. The PROOF is in the actions the community takes towards each other and everyone, not the secret handshakes, rituals, etc.

Your a good man Anthony.

ANLR21

Master Blaster
Reaction score
Visit site
Ed, glad to hear that you're under your own power and that you've been able to loop back and pick up the bike.

It really was fortunate that the accident occurred right there at a very bike-friendly home, the lady there and her "Sons of Anarchy" son could not have been more helpful, sympathetic and flexible to help in every way. Quite a crowd we drew there, right?

The best news of all is that you're OK. Maybe an opportunity to lay in a few mods for the bike?

Anthony, you da MAN!

Take care

Allan

edfz6

Reaction score
Visit site
The best news of all is that you're OK. Maybe an opportunity to lay in a few mods for the bike?

Anthony, you da MAN!

Take care

Allan

I was talking to Anthony and Ben about the r6 forks..:BLAA: Thanx Allan:thumbup:

QwickFliCk

Manly Man Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Just so everyone understands, Anthony met Ed on this ride.
When Ed crashed, Anthony wrote down the contact info of the guy in PA holding Ed's bike.the credit goes to garrett (phrank2k11) for writing down the info i just took a pic of it and passed the info along to ed Few days went by and Anthony drove with Ed all the way back to PA to pick the bike up and get it home (and picked up bike trailer on the way.. and I'm guessing dropped it off too?)

Anthony also wanted to go to the hospital when Ed was driven away in an Ambulance, but I talked him out of it, since I didn't think he'd be able to take him home once Ed would get discharged and EMT assured me that Ed's injuries were minor and they were just taking him in to be safe.

Thanks Eric for the huge shout out and thank you to everyone who gave me those rep points! :D

For those reading this: being Helpful = Happiness. Now go out and help someone :thumbup: