Bike feel after break in period.

michael-james

Reaction score
Visit site
I just had my first break in service done at dealers and wondered if i can now expect the engine to run more smoothly as the miles go up.
I noticed a fair amount of vibes through the seat at exactly 5000 rpm in 6th gear on highway. Which made me have to go faster to get rid of it.
I had an FZ8 as loan bike for the day which was crap in comparison, except for the extra grunt from the motor. front end felt really light and had a tendancy to kinda fall into bends. My FZ6 felt much more stable in corners. You sit pretty high up on the FZ8 also and under braking feel like your going over the bars all the time.
Anyway like to hear about the motor smoothing out if possible.
Thanks,
M-J

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
It may get slightly smoother, but not to the point where vibes are going to go away. FZ6 is known to have worst vibration at around 5k rpm in any gear.

TownsendsFJR1300

2007 FZ6
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
My 07 FZ6 seat also vibrated alot thru the seat but at 4,000 RPM.

I ended up doing a throttle sync both at idle and re-checking at 4,000 RPM. It will show at 4,000 (or 5,000 RPM) if one cylinder is pulling harder than another. I adjusted the sync to account for 4k and idle and that got rid of 80% of it. It was still with factory spec's but I got it almost closer yet. I used a Carb Mate if that helps.

It is a somewhat buzzy bike being an inline 4 but the above sync did help alot. Wether a dealer go the extra mile and sync it as I did, you can ask, and complain about the vibes.

The bike had approx 5,000 miles at the time (bought it used).

I also had the seat modded (not gel but Supra core- http://greatdaytoride.com/Home_Page.php ) to get rid of the rest of the vibes from a place here in the states.

Good luck.

Last edited:

michael-james

Reaction score
Visit site
Had my first proper day out on the bike yesterday now the sun is back on and a bit warmer. Was fantastic, the vibes didn't seem to bad after riding around for a couple of hours. Seemed to be ok.
Managing to get the revs up now and then to around 10k in the lower gears to get the motor fully broken in. Man it goes great. I am mighty impressed with the forgiving nature of this bike when you need to ease off the throttle when coming to an unknown bend a bit to fast, it doesn't shake or complain it just slows up. Really confidence inspiring.:D