bike bruises

nextfriday

Reaction score
Visit site
as meticulous careful as one can be with a bike on the road (or garage), chit is going to get banged up, scratched, dented, gouged. I always freak about my first scratch, but feel better when i get it over with. Plus the scars always have a story. I've got a nice little scratch in my swing arm from a razor blade mishap . Yuk. What about yours? Photo's welcome!:spank:

YamahaMAXdRPMs

Jay- Tshirt Inventor Guy.
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
i took the tire off and like a dumb@ss i tried using a big adjustable rather than finding the proper socket, the adjustable slipped and took a nice gash outta the paint on the swing arm. I just kinda glazed it with black spray paint... cant tell... no replacement for the powdercoat, but better than a big gash . :thumbup:

kpaul

The Great Destroyer
Reaction score
www.xbox.com
Discovered just last night as I went to check to see if the exhaust had moved at all since installing it... the seat wouldn't come off. I did something wrong putting the bike back together that made the seat oddly difficult to snap on after I was done, but I didn't think anything of it.

Turns out whatever I did made the seat sink down a little further down, pushing on a plastic piece which in turn ended up on one of the exhaust pipes... melted the plastic, which adhered to the seat bottom. Had to pull on it pretty hard to get it off.*

Good news is that I took the whole rear end assembly apart to check the bracket that runs between the exhaust (good thing, I did need to grind it down a little bit more as it had shifted) and when I put it back together, it was much smoother than the first time and everything just fit. So the seat went on properly this time... but there's a wee hole in the plastic and still a little bit stuck on the seat as well. Oh well.

*That's what she said.