Biggest Art Project tempted

marke14

running on empty
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You can priced them at whatever you think they are worth, remember that some people are willing to pay $20k for a Harley.

The current record price was paid for a work from No. 5, 1948 by Jackson Pollock sold at US$140 million in 2006.

You can call me crazy but I think some "art" shouldn't even be consider art. I mean US$140 million for this?

I am an art lover, and my wife and I just spent some dough on our first original piece recently. However, I totally agree with the above statement - and I LIKE abstract art!

The guy who we bought our awesome painting from has a series of pieces similar to, but better than (IMO), the one you referenced here, for sub-$1k prices. Some of the smaller pieces are less than that even.

Geoff, I love your piece - it's great man!

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks guys! I appreciate all the input. I will try to sell these, but man I get attached to things too easily. Especially my motorcycle, its artwork itself (to me).

Geoff

The Tall Guy!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
You can priced them at whatever you think they are worth, remember that some people are willing to pay $20k for a Harley.

The current record price was paid for a work from No. 5, 1948 by Jackson Pollock sold at US$140 million in 2006.

You can call me crazy but I think some "art" shouldn't even be consider art. I mean US$140 million for this?

Jackson Pollock art is worth a lot though. I could use 140 million :D

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

I love most art and artists - Degas, Monet, Warhol, Gaugin, Van Gogh, Renoir - all great.

Nice work Geoff :thumbup: