Votes: 8 16.3%

• Total voters

skooter65

Mainah'
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
For me...Corbin all the way.

Was going to Opt for the TS when I first started looking. I believe the comfort may be better than the Corbin but the fit to the bike is nowhere near the same. It looks like Corbin sculpts each seat to the bike for a near perfect fit.

However, to each their own.
:)

sxty8goats

Reaction score
Visit site
Own two Corbins, One has seen a lot of use and shows a lot of wear, second is nearly brand new. Both bought used. Both great seats and very comfortable. Been riding on them most of the summer.

gilesc

Reaction score
Visit site
I can't complain much at all about the stock seat on my 08 FZ6. It is the most comfortable seat I have had in recent years. Although I typically don't ride over an hour at a time. I brought home an 07 FZ1 today (trucked it home from Charlotte NC) and it has a Corbin seat on it. With good luck I will be able to test it out tomorrow. I loathe going to the DMV but you do what you gotta do.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have a Corbin which came with the bike when I got it use so I have nothing to compare it to. That being said, I'm really happy with it. Although it seems hard on first inspection, I've done 400 miles with it with no discomfort. I upgraded to a Corbin on a previous bike and was extremely happy with it too. I have the the optional removable passenger backrest which my wife really likes. :thumbup:

Def

Reaction score
Visit site
Went with a Corbin seat this year after riding on the stock one for the last three years. Did an 1150 km day 2 weeks ago (about 720 miles for those non-metric out there). Could never have accomplished that on the stock seat. I must admit...I did not feel fresh as a daisy at the end of that day.

I'm convinced that a custom seat shaped to my posterior would probably be the best comfort solution.

92fz08

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the input, def. seems like a corbin is the way to go. Its alot of money to spend but the stock seat is just so hard lol.. 200 miles and im spent.

HoweSoundtwister

Reaction score
Visit site
I road about 830 km last Sun. on mostly twisty roads, with the addition of cycling shorts under my pants. That was on my stock seat and my ass felt great! It could have kept on riding, while the rest of me was cooked! Way cheaper than a new seat, and you need them for your mountain bike anyway. And I did experience the "wrath of the stock seat" on long rides before.

Pauly_V

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the input, def. seems like a corbin is the way to go. Its alot of money to spend but the stock seat is just so hard lol.. 200 miles and im spent.

Hard? The Corbin will be firmer than the stock seat. My only complaint about the stock seat is it is too soft. It doesn't support my posterior in a manner that suits me. :(

92fz08

Reaction score
Visit site
By "hard" i was going more on how it feels rather then how it actually is. I think my problem is that i just installed the sw motech engine guards and highway pegs, and it changed the way i sit on the seat alot, it went from my legs getting cramped up to my tailbone feeling like i got hit with a bat. I would imagine that a firmer seat would probably work better. All of the pressure is on one spot on my stock seat so it feels like im sitting on whats under the seat rather then the seat :confused:

FizzySix

Drunken Philosopher
Reaction score
Visit site
Can you add an option to a poll? Shad now has an offering $100 less than TS...I'm ordering one, wondering if others have opinions yet, and to have a place to provide a feedback once I get it.

Thanks OP: how timely! :thumbup:

Botch

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S!!
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Sadly, most of us have only experienced, at most, two seats (the stock and the new one we got) if that. Its also a problem that we all have different asses (I've spent decades carefully studying female derriers, and I'm assuming :rolleyes: there's a wide range of shapes and sizes among guys too). :D
Too bad there's not a business out there that will let you rent all three seats, try them out under your own tuckus, and then return them and buy the best for your cheeks.
Hmmm. Business opportunity...

ericausand

Reaction score
Visit site
U could only do 2 hours on the stock seat. The TS seat allows me to ride up to 6 hours. I just took the bike to my military academy alumni weekend, it was 260 miles and I took one wrong turn so it added an hour. When I got off I wasn't suffering from monkey butt or nuthin'

My bike is kinda Gaudy, so the French seat fits right in.

Last edited:

JTL

Reaction score
Visit site

CCHOUSEKY

Kentucky Wildcat Fanatic
Reaction score
Visit site
I've posted this before, but since this thread has been brought up again, I thought I'd post it again in case it might help someone out. FYI, I'm 6' tall, 235 lbs (big guy) and IMO, a stiffer seat works better for larger riders.

This is a comparison between the stock, Yamaha Comfort Seat, and Corbin Gunfighter seat. This was in response to a PM I got from another member when I had the fortune of having all 3 seats at once and could test them out.

I've decided to keep the Corbin based on a few different factors (which is not to take away at all from the Comfort Seat). I wanted to try both equally to make sure I made the right decision and have done that, I think.

The most important factor for me was getting rid of the "hot spots" that I would feel after about 30 minutes on the stock seat. Both of these seem to do a great job of that. The Corbin is, by touch, much more firm than the Comfort Seat, so I wasn't sure it would do the trick. But, whatever type of foam Corbin uses works wonders. The seat IS firm, but supportive. It also seems to soften the longer you're on it during a ride. That may just be my imagination, but I think it's true. As for the Comfort Seat, it's great too at relieving the "hot spots". The deciding factor here was that the Corbin has much more of a "cup" shape...that is, you seem to sit IN the Corbin and ON the Comfort Seat.

Another thing about both of these seat, as compared to the stock seat...they're both HEAVY. I would say the Comfort Seat weighs twice as much as the stock and the Corbin, maybe three times as much! But, I think the weight of both of them helps to dampen out most vibrations that get translated to your butt from the bike. But you still get good feel for what's going on under you.

Really, the final, and least important factor in my decision was looks. I like how the Comfort Seat looks on the bike, but I LOVE the way the Corbin looks. It's got a sleek style to it. Plus, not that I'll ever do this, but the Corbin offers the option of adding the passenger backrest. Also, and this is pure vanity, but I like the prestige of owning a Corbin and knowing that if I need to have it adjusted (such as having the "nose" enlarged to further keep me from sliding forward while braking), Corbin will do that for a nominal charge.

There are only two downsides that I could find with the Comfort Seat. The first, and this is purely for looks, so not really important, was that you can see the outline of the gel pad that's under the seat cover. It's not so obvious that it's ugly, but it always kinda bugged me for some reason. The other, and this was a slightly bigger problem, but still not something that couldn't be tolerated, was I found that if you parked the bike in the sun on a warm day and came back later, the gel pad REALLY heats up and seems to put that heat back into your butt. One day it was hot enough to be uncomfortable for the first few miles. That was pretty big in the decision-making process.

One more thing. I felt the build-quality of the Corbin was just a bit better for this reason...the Comfort Seat, like the stock seat, uses staples to attach the seat cover on the underside. The Corbin, on the other hand, uses rivets to attach it's seat cover. I just feel like it would last much longer with fewer problems in that area.

Oh, and if you decide to go with a Corbin, I would suggest you get the regular leather on the seating portions. The one I've got, I bought from another member and didn't have the option. I've got the "Carbon Fiber" looking seat, and while it looks great, it IS more slippery than the stock seat or Comfort Seat. Everyone that has the "Carbon Fiber" type seat says this and it's true. It's not BAD, though. I may do what wrightme did and add that stuff that you line cabinets with in black to the seating area. It sounds like that really does the trick.

All-in-all, I would say the Corbin is worth the price. But, instead of buying one new, I would look for someone selling their's or watch Ebay. You can definitely find one cheaper than new if you're patient. I got the deal of the century on mine (which is probably another factor in keeping it). But I don't want to dissuade you from looking at the Comfort Seat, either. Both of them are light years better than the stock, no doubt. Plus, the Comfort Seat can be had new for around $200 on Ebay if you can find it. If money's no option, I would say go with the Corbin. Otherwise, I believe you'd be perfectly happy with the Comfort Seat. I would recommend either of them to anyone.

The one thing I would add to this...I mentioned the "carbon fiber" finish of the Corbin being semi-slick. After riding on it for 3 years, mostly in the twisties, I've found that this is a good thing. It really makes getting off the seat easy, as your leathers don't stick to the leather of the seat. I'm still in love with my Corbin and routinely tell people it's the best mod I've ever done to the bike.

I have to say, though, that somehow I missed JTL's post on the Shad seat and I'm really impressed by it! It looks like a great seat and if I didn't already have a Corbin, I'd definitely give it a try! :thumbup:

Hobbesca

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I have the comfort seat, and I find it just fine. On my other bike (2006 FZ6, run over by garbage truck RIP) I had the stock seat and it was ok also.

I typically ride for 3+ hours at a stretch with no issues. I wiggle around a lot though, no matter how good or expensive your seat is if you aren't wiggling around every once and while you gonna get a sore bum.

Now if we could just have some sort of discussion on oil ...

2wheelieadv

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the Yamaha "comfort" seat and after 1.5 hours it get's uncomfortable. After 2 hours the cheekbones starting to hurt, in half an hour it feels like on fire...
Not good for LD