Beowulf Exhaust fitted. Photo and videos.

Ross63

Reaction score
Visit site
From the FZ6 Videos forum:

I received and fitted my new Beowulf cans today:

DSCF6087.jpg

An easy enough job but the instructions aren't exactly concise, especially with regard to the usage of the bolts and lock-nuts included with the package. Build quality of the cans and pipes is as good as anything I've ever seen on a car or bike and the finish of the cans in particular is absolutely excellent.

One minor gripe was that one of the clamps broke when I was torquing it up, its holding ok but I may replace it in the future. The sound is superb and there is a definite difference in low rpm and mid-range power. The bike feels much more eager at the bottom end of the rev range. I've yet to test top end power.

Would I recommend these cans, definitely yes. For the price of £290, or even £100 more, nothing comes close. In my mind they sound better than the Scorpion cans and the build quality of the system itself is on a par with anybody. If you fancy these cans for your bike, the Beowulf website is here: Home

Here are the before and after videos, which don't do the system justice due to the crappy mic on my camera. I still have the Db Killers/Baffles fitted and the system is extremely deep and loud on the road. I'll do a better video when I get a chance:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hqAlHsGDk2I]‪2007 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer-S ABS Stock Exhaust.AVI‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0c4OJlHBDY]‪2007 Yamaha FZ6 Fazer-S ABS Beowulf Exhaust.AVI‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, those look EXACTLY like the old Scorpions that I have, right down to the inserts. Sound the same too. I wonder if they just bought the old design? Heck, I even broke the cheapy clamp on mine too! lol Either way, they look and sound great!

mrphotoman

Massive Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Those look really good. Does that seat anti-slip thing work well I have noticed those on the UK ebay before.

Ross63

Reaction score
Visit site
Wow, those look EXACTLY like the old Scorpions that I have, right down to the inserts. Sound the same too. I wonder if they just bought the old design? Heck, I even broke the cheapy clamp on mine too! lol Either way, they look and sound great!

Thanks for your kind comments, I'm very happy with them, I wouldn't be surprised if they're a Scorpion copy or licence.

YORKSHIRE1003

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I'm new here.

I want these Beowulfs so bad. They look awesome. Nice job.

You say they aren't difficult to fit. I don't consider myself to be knowledgeable at all when it comes to tinkering with mechanics. Would you say an amateur with the passion to get these on their bike would manage it??

Cheers.

SANGER_A2

Reaction score
Visit site
They seem to stick out the back quite a ways. That would irritate me! You sure you pushed the connecting pipes in as far as they could go?

Ross63

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi, I'm new here.

I want these Beowulfs so bad. They look awesome. Nice job.

You say they aren't difficult to fit. I don't consider myself to be knowledgeable at all when it comes to tinkering with mechanics. Would you say an amateur with the passion to get these on their bike would manage it??

Cheers.

Yes, the instructions aren't the best but its definitely not beyond anybody with 10 fingers, decent tools and the will to do the job.

They seem to stick out the back quite a ways. That would irritate me! You sure you pushed the connecting pipes in as far as they could go?

Yes, its done properly :thumbup:

It's a single link pipe with a branch and baffle at the bottom of the right hand can. The Scorpions sit exactly the same. It looks "right" in the metal.

WOW!!! look good, sound 1000 times better than stock, what more could you ask for?

NICE!!! :rockon:

Thanks, the stock system sounds terrible and it is very heavy compared to stainless cans.

riderlak1

Reaction score
Visit site
Where did you get the clear turn signal lenses? I really want to switch mine to clear lenses, as they came stock with the amber lenses.

Thanks in advance!