Benefit Ride and Free Concert.

kevlarian

Reaction score
Visit site
This will be a long post, but it is worth the read, so PLEASE, PLEASE, Read. It is for a great cause.

Calling on my FZ6-Forum forum friends and family... Help!

As some of you may already know from some of my previous posts, my son (Tyler, 6) has Down Syndrome. He is my best friend and the reason why I work so hard to give my family a great life... (I work my a** off). He still doesn't talk, and we have him in private speech therapy that is costing us about $300/week, not to mention the other therapy and additional items. But... this isn't a pitty party!

HERE IS WHERE I NEED YOUR HELP

I am organizing a benefit concert and ride to raise monies for the Down Syndrome Association of Orange County (DSAOC). I am treating them as two separate events. A free concert, and a Benefit ride to the concert. Both of them are Donations only (no minimum requiremet) but I am working on securing "door prizes" and the more you donate the more raffle tickets you get to go toward the event.

I have the band set: "The Joshua Tree: A U2 Tribute Band" U2 - The Joshua Tree - U2 Tribute Band - Authentic U2 Covers - A Tribute to the Music of U2
They are phenominal! So much like seeing and hearing U2 live in concert it is amazing. They are a great group of guys and are willing to donate their time for this (they charge $4000 for a concert... and are doing this for free). I also have some video I have taken of them live @ the Orange County Fair this year. YouTube - kevlarian's Channel (You can also see a few video's of my son and family).

In addition to the concert, I have secured a location for the concert. I met with the owner of "Rudy's Pub and Grill" Rudy’s Pub and Grill | Southern California. He has agreed to host the event at his Foothill Ranch location (Rudy's Pub and Grill, Foothill Ranch, CA). In addition he has offered to donate a portion of all proceeds from the event (food and drink sold) to DSAOC. What a great offer from him!

Finally, I have contacted the guys at ocmoto.com to manage and coordinate the a ride from Irvine through Santiago Canyon and ultimately to Foothill Ranch for the concert. They do a monthly "Noob" ride for all new members (and everyone else) that follows the same path, and they know the local law enforcement to contact. Dane is the guy who runs the show there, and is looking for MORE trained/skilled individuals to manage the ride (they even have vest to identify leaders/sweepers, etc). If you are interested in not only joining the ride, but assisting with the organization, please contact Dane and tell him I sent you!

The event details are:

Date: Oct, 17th
Time: Noon to 2p
Where: Rudy's Pub and Grill, Foothill Ranch, CA
For: Down Syndrome Association of Orange County (Representatives on site)

So... I need you to spread the word! Get people to show up. They don't have to ride! Just show up for the free concert, and eat/drink. It is all for a great cause, and they get to see, prolly the best U2 tribute band in the world. Anyone you know in the area, or anyone you think could make it... please contact them. Call them, email them, etc.

Of course if you can make it for the Ride/Show, I would LOVE for you to be here! SoCal, NorCal, Nevada, Arizona people that can do the trip... I would love to meet you and we could do a mini-west coast meet the day after and do a ride through Ortega Hwy. It ain't the Dragon, but it is still a killer ride.

Thanks for reading. I really hope to see some of you there.

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
This will be a long post, but it is worth the read, so PLEASE, PLEASE, Read. It is for a great cause.

Calling on my FZ6-Forum forum friends and family... Help!

As some of you may already know from some of my previous posts, my son (Tyler, 6) has Down Syndrome. He is my best friend and the reason why I work so hard to give my family a great life... (I work my a** off). He still doesn't talk, and we have him in private speech therapy that is costing us about $300/week, not to mention the other therapy and additional items. But... this isn't a pitty party!

HERE IS WHERE I NEED YOUR HELP

I am organizing a benefit concert and ride to raise monies for the Down Syndrome Association of Orange County (DSAOC). I am treating them as two separate events. A free concert, and a Benefit ride to the concert. Both of them are Donations only (no minimum requiremet) but I am working on securing "door prizes" and the more you donate the more raffle tickets you get to go toward the event.

I have the band set: "The Joshua Tree: A U2 Tribute Band" U2 - The Joshua Tree - U2 Tribute Band - Authentic U2 Covers - A Tribute to the Music of U2
They are phenominal! So much like seeing and hearing U2 live in concert it is amazing. They are a great group of guys and are willing to donate their time for this (they charge $4000 for a concert... and are doing this for free). I also have some video I have taken of them live @ the Orange County Fair this year. YouTube - kevlarian's Channel (You can also see a few video's of my son and family).

In addition to the concert, I have secured a location for the concert. I met with the owner of "Rudy's Pub and Grill" Rudy’s Pub and Grill | Southern California. He has agreed to host the event at his Foothill Ranch location (Rudy's Pub and Grill, Foothill Ranch, CA). In addition he has offered to donate a portion of all proceeds from the event (food and drink sold) to DSAOC. What a great offer from him!

Finally, I have contacted the guys at ocmoto.com to manage and coordinate the a ride from Irvine through Santiago Canyon and ultimately to Foothill Ranch for the concert. They do a monthly "Noob" ride for all new members (and everyone else) that follows the same path, and they know the local law enforcement to contact. Dane is the guy who runs the show there, and is looking for MORE trained/skilled individuals to manage the ride (they even have vest to identify leaders/sweepers, etc). If you are interested in not only joining the ride, but assisting with the organization, please contact Dane and tell him I sent you!

The event details are:

Date: Oct, 17th
Time: Noon to 2p
Where: Rudy's Pub and Grill, Foothill Ranch, CA
For: Down Syndrome Association of Orange County (Representatives on site)

So... I need you to spread the word! Get people to show up. They don't have to ride! Just show up for the free concert, and eat/drink. It is all for a great cause, and they get to see, prolly the best U2 tribute band in the world. Anyone you know in the area, or anyone you think could make it... please contact them. Call them, email them, etc.

Of course if you can make it for the Ride/Show, I would LOVE for you to be here! SoCal, NorCal, Nevada, Arizona people that can do the trip... I would love to meet you and we could do a mini-west coast meet the day after and do a ride through Ortega Hwy. It ain't the Dragon, but it is still a killer ride.

Thanks for reading. I really hope to see some of you there.

I'll request the day off - so count me in.
Can you e-mail me this info and I'll try and rally some more riders.

[email protected]

thanks
Dave

kevlarian

Reaction score
Visit site
Awesome guys! Like I said, this is for a great cause... and how can you go wrong! A free concert and Hot Girls (they are called the Rudy's Cutties!)

There have to be more out there that can post and promote! :)

kevlarian

Reaction score
Visit site
One more thing... I didn't post the RIDE information.

We will be meeting at Irvine Valley College (Irvine campus). Kick-stands up at 11a. Riding to Rudy's for the concert at noon.

Keep this thread current! Thanks!

S107

Reaction score
Visit site
Well As Much As I DISLIKE ocmoto rides/Events, This is a great cause. I will plan on making this. Maybe go 2up with the ol lady.

kevlarian

Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the bump S107.

Thought I would make this a little more personal... here is a video I put together of my Son. He is 6yo and has Down Syndrome. He is the love of my life, and anything I can do to make his life a little better is all I want to do...

This was his first time ever to the beach...
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Gz5pdiXLa0&feature=channel_page]YouTube - Laguna Beach, CA - June, 2009[/ame]

smokenu

rubber side down
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Calling all SO CAL RIDERS

Let's make this happen! We all like to ride, meet new people that share the same passion we do. So now lets ride for a great cause:thumbup:

bushboarder

moved on up
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks for the bump S107.

Thought I would make this a little more personal... here is a video I put together of my Son. He is 6yo and has Down Syndrome. He is the love of my life, and anything I can do to make his life a little better is all I want to do...

This was his first time ever to the beach...
YouTube - Laguna Beach, CA - June, 2009
Your son looks like he had a blast at the beach. I'd love to attend, but I'm on the other side of the country. Anyway to make a donation to the event online?

kevlarian

Reaction score
Visit site
Your son looks like he had a blast at the beach. I'd love to attend, but I'm on the other side of the country. Anyway to make a donation to the event online?

Bush...

Glad you asked. :thumbup:

I'll post a link to donate to my "team" for the Annual Down Syndrome Buddy Walk which is held in the month of November. I'lll get that post up this weekend.

Thanks for offering! :D

rabernar

rabernar
Reaction score
Visit site
What a great day full of activities! Best wishes for all success.
Can't be there but can offer a suggestion:

If you are working this through the Downs Syndrome Association, don't forget to ask participants and contributors to consider having their employers match their donations.

Many employers just need a tax number of the non-profit association and a form submitted to their HR departments to make it happen.
The Association should be able to supply this number to you. It could have the potential to double their employee's contribution!

kevlarian

Reaction score
Visit site
What a great day full of activities! Best wishes for all success.
Can't be there but can offer a suggestion:

If you are working this through the Downs Syndrome Association, don't forget to ask participants and contributors to consider having their employers match their donations.

Many employers just need a tax number of the non-profit association and a form submitted to their HR departments to make it happen.
The Association should be able to supply this number to you. It could have the potential to double their employee's contribution!
Great Idea! I didn't think about that. I'll see what I can do. Yes, the Down Syndrome Association of Orange County is currently involved. They are going to be onsite during both the Ride and the Concert to collect donations. That way people don't think the money is going to me; but rather going directly to the Association. Thanks!

kevlarian

Reaction score
Visit site
Update...

I contacted a local radio personality here in SoCal (Lightning from KROQ) as I was told that he rides sport bikes. I asked him if he would be interested in riding with us as the "celeb" for the event... and here is his response (I was shocked)
Count me in. I'll MC the event, take part in the ride and I'd like to print some shirts too. We'll talk about the shirts later.

It strange how many rides I'm involved with this year. Long Beach Fire Dept's 9-11 ride, LBPD's 9-9-9 ride, ToyRide and now yours.

I think we should get everyone in one room and create one big ride. A bigger ride than anyone's ever seen. 50,000+ bikes. I met with Suzuki a few years ago about sponsoring the West Coast's largest charity ride with over 50,000 bikes. I think it may be time to do it.

Let me know how things progress... First and foremost, make some fliers and start passing them out. You'll need at least 500 riders to be considered a success. Get someone to make you a professional Flash banner ad to post on every Moto blog and website you can find. Reach out to SuperSportBike Magazine. Coverage this year will help you next year. Get the local PD involved, namely the motor patrol.

I'll get KROQ to send a van out there to ride along.

Talk to you soon,

light

kevlarian

Reaction score
Visit site
Everything is 100% set. I have been working hard to advertise in and around south orange county. I want to reach my goal of 1000 people (not just riders). So please spread the word! I can't do it without you guys!

Check out my poster(s). You can download them and print them to hand out to anyone you know! ;-) One has the ride + concert information, while the other has just the concert information (for the non-rider type).

FYI - That is my son on the poster! :)

concertride.jpg

concertnoride.jpg

kevlarian

Reaction score
Visit site
Guys!

I have five days to the event! Please don't miss out! I have been working so hard to make this event such a success... but it won't be a success, without YOU!

So to make it a success, I continue to secure raffle prizes that your REALLY want! :)

Here is a list of some of those itesm:

1. 42" LCD TV - Best Buy
2. Nintendo Wii - Electrolux
3. $100 Gift Cert - Costco
4. iPod - <anonymous doner>
5. $100 Sunday brunch @ the Balboa Bay Club
6. Motoboss Winter Riding Jacket
+ more

Please invite your non-riding friends to join you at the concert. You can direct them to the website @ Your Name Here | Home or simply forward the link to the online poster @ http://www.orbaker.org/images/concertnoride.jpg

Of course the ride is still on. Visit OC Moto - Portal - Orange County Sportbikes for the event information;

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
I am just seeing this thread for the first time and will definitely be there. I'll round up the guys I know around here as well to secure some more spots and riders. This looks like a great cause and a fun event regardless.

BTW: My name is Rob and I'll be on the gray Triumph Street Triple. Let us know you're real name so we'll know how to greet you when we see you.

Last edited: