Becoming naked

JesseeS

Reaction score
Visit site
So I just got my 2008 on Wednesday and after some adjustments I love it. Although, something just wasn't right. I've always loved naked bikes, I even looked at the fz07 and fz09, but didn't have the cash. So, I decided I'd just make the 6 naked. I had to build my own mount for the speedo. It's not professional quality by any means, but it cost me $10 in parts and only could use and dremel and drill to make it. Here is a before picture and how she sits now. She is missing a headlight, that should be in by Wednesday. Once it's on I'll post up some more pics. Hope you like it. View attachment 54394View attachment 54395View attachment 54396View attachment 54397

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

JesseeS

Reaction score
Visit site
So I'm on the custom fighters forum as well and picked up the headlight from a stock er6n. To be honest, the lines look perfect as if the headlight was designed for the fz6. There is a space up top where the stock Speedo went, but as soon as I find the back Speedo cover for the naked version of our bike it will be covered up. What do you think?
zlbvcp.jpg
14mc6sx.jpg

JesseeS

Reaction score
Visit site
Finished product. Trimmed a stock fairing I got from a member here and filled the gap up top with it. There is some usable room behind it as well so I may mount a GPS there when I travel.
2m66fdh.jpg

x1wzds.jpg

24pvrjk.jpg

20tqa1y.jpg

serg278

Reaction score
Visit site
Hay was wondering where and how you attached the speedometer, changing headlight on my fz6 so would need a new location for speedo!