Battery replacement fz6 sa

amejiae

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi guys,
I need to replace my battery.
I need to remove part of the front plastic so I can lift the tank but it seems that I need to remove the whole front plastic? I mean i tried and i couldn't get it of then i came back to internet and couldn't find any videos or manual.
Any help on how can I do it with a FZ6-SA?
Alejandro

:welcome:to our great forum!

To remove tank undo to front allen head screws Remove seat remove the hinge bolt at rear of tank. Lift he rear of the tank and move the tank rearward to clear plastics, lift front of tank. Re insert long hinge bolt at rear of tank and prop up the front of the tank. Or remove plastics...:rolleyes:

^^+1

And if you don't get it by reading it, check out this thread: [thread=12650]Tank removal[/Thread] :D

Grtz,

Degake

Thanks guys but what I need is to remove this.
(check picture)
View attachment 40426

If you follow the tutorial given in the link above, you will only loosen the tank bolts and "slide" it backwards, to clear all of the fairing.
Thus, you wouldn't have to remove any plastic part to get to your battery :)

Another fine example of the superiority of naked bikes :BLAA:

Grtz,

Degake

edit: CanadianFZ6 beat me to it :)

Last edited:
yes because otherwise the tank wont lift up because is stuck with those parts

How is the tank stuck to those parts?... There are only three bolts holding the tank (as far as I know) 2 under the steering head and the pivot bolt (mentioned) under the seat... Can someone who owns a pre '07 FZ6 confirm what he is saying?... I had an '05 long ago, but I swear the tank still had only 3 bolts holding it in place... The plastics did not contact or connect to the tank, do they?

Last edited:
How is the tank stuck to those parts... There are only three bolts holding the tank (as far as I know) 2 under the steering head and the pivot bolt (mentioned) under the seat... Can someone who owns a pre '07 FZ6 confirm what he is saying... I had an '05, but I swear the tank still had only 3 bolts holding it in place... The plastics did not contact or connect to the tank, do they?

+1

Those 3 bolts are the only ones that need to be removed....
So I don't get the "tank stuck to the fairing" part :confused:

Grtz,

Degake

Thanks guys but what I need is to remove this.
(check picture)
View attachment 40426
You don't have to remove the inner plastics if you remove the two bolts in front and the long hinge bolt at the rear of the tank. Lift the rear of the tank ^. Move the tank back ---> Now you can clear the plastic parts....:D

Last edited:
Its a bit easier if you can drain most of the fuel tank of fuel BTW..

And +1 on all the above, 3 bolts and slide back.

Stand the front of the tank up, re-install the rear bolt snuggly and put a spacer to hold up the tank (I use a 2x4 between the tank and the frame), others have used bungee cords...

Check your vent lines when re-installing and make sure their NOT KINKED...

Re: Battery replacement fz6 S - done yesterday

I have just replaced the battery on my 2005 FZ6 (for the 3rd time) . There are probably 2 methods but I used the first, as follows:

R
  1. Remove the inner plastic fairing, both sides (a 10 minute job).
  2. Remove only the 2 bolts securing the front of the fuel tank.
  3. Lifted the tank up from the front, using a piece of 2" x 1" wood 10 inches long to prop the tank in an approximate 50 degree poistion.
  4. Changed the battery and refit.

Now I guess one could instead remove the rear pivot bolt on the tank then move the tank back - but as I have limited knowledge, I did not know what - if any- connections were underneath the tank that might complicate its removal.

There are a few YouTube vidoes showing the processes.

Back