Barber's Vintage Festival & Triumph jacket

Darth Fazer

formerly Anakin StarRider
Reaction score
Visit site
I recently attended the 2012 Vintage Festival at Barber's Motorsports Park in Birmingham, AL & had a wonderful time. It was sponsered by Triumph & was the best festival yet! Triumphs everywhere, along with booths by Motus & EBR (Erik Buell Racing) all showing off their new bikes. The EBRs were especially nice with very friendly factory reps showing them. A little out of my price range, but beautiful attention to detail. The Motus' were nice, but still looked prototype-ish. GREAT engines, though! The new Triumphs were right up my alley and after sitting on several, found my next new bike; the Tiger 800XC. The Adventurer was nice, but too heavy; the 800 felt just right! The seat was perfect, sitting position perfect, bars perfect, everything perfect. The 3-cylinder engine was more than perfect! I grew up around Triumphs, my Dad & maternal Grandfather always rode Triumphs, so I need to keep the tradition going. One day...
Triumph also had different riding apparel of their brand for sale on close-out, odd sizes & such. I saw a rack of Triumph Stealth jackets & happened to pull one off the rack that fit me perfectly. I needed a new cold-weather jacket as my Joe Rocket's zipper broke & it would cost more to replace than it's worth. The Stealth has full armor, zip-out panels on the back, front & arms for hot weather, reflective "TRIUMPH" logos on back & arms & 2 different liners for rain & cold that can be worn separately as stand-alone jackets. I Googled the list price ($319) & almost put it back until I overheard someone else say they couldn't believe Triumph was selling this for only $100. I put the jacket into a death-grip & went to look at matching pants. No luck on pants, only had size 44 & up ($40 though). At check-out, I flirted a little & talked the girl into letting me have it for just $75!!! I kinda felt goofy about wearing it on my Yamaha until I saw a guy on a Honda wearing a Kawasaki jacket riding with a guy on a Kawasaki with a Harley jacket on the way home the other day. As much as I love my FZ6, one day I will have a Tiger to match my new jacket!