Bar ends for fz1 bar

bob808

Reaction score
Visit site
Hi all. Weather seem to be clearing here and I'm starting to get the bike up&running for the new season. For this I ordered a month ago fz1 bars. I called a local (crappy) Yamaha dealership and specified that I want the bars for the latest model of FZ1. They orcourse got me the older model, and I realized this when I got home. They do not want to exchange it plus they defend their sales guy stating that he makes a lot of orders every day and that the safest way to order a part is with the chassis series. And that statement would suggest that they only sell parts for your specific bike model, which is stupid as well. Or at least he should have told me so on the phone. Now I'm stuck with this one and have to get new bar ends. I presume that this is the only difference between the 2 models of bars for fz1. I have a set of aluminum bar ends ordered from ebay for 9$ or so including shipping but they are light as paper. And this deffies the purpose of bar ends as I know it to be. Got the new bars to relax my body, not further torment it.
My question for you, am I able to find heavier bar ends on ebay (maybe someone could state the weight for apropiate ones), with slide (I gues this is how it's called) system to maximum 30-40$? maybe a refference. I want them black, nothing fancy.

Ben_H

Reaction score
Visit site
You can get hvmp bar ends but they only come stainless. The stock fz6 bar ends will work on the fz1 bars. I have a set of stock fz6 bar ends for sale if you would like $20 shipped.

bob808

Reaction score
Visit site
I have the stock fz6 bar ends but they are threaded and don't work on fz1 bars that are for <'06 fz1. I need slide on system or whatever is called. I think the cheapest way would be to sell these bars and get the threaded version. I like the stock fz6 bar ends and they seem heavy enough for the purpose.