bar end mirror trouble!

jmerch44

Reaction score
Visit site
So I got my bar end mirrors, but I cant get them in.:spank: When I took off the old bar ends, I didnt realize that they screwed in. Is there a way to remove the threads. My mirrors do not have threads, they just expand as you turn the screw. I'm also wondering what to do about the extra slack from the hand grips. how do you remove and re-stick the handgrips to the bars? I need help big time!

afpreppie04

The Thread Killer
Reaction score
Visit site
Never used bar-end mirrors, but to remove the grips from the bar just peel them off. To put them on they slide back on, you can use something like hairspray that helps them slide on then gets sticky when it dries. I didn't have any hairspray around, so I used PB Blaster last time since I had it handy. Worked fine after drying.

W

wrightme43

This is a total pain in the ass. I have covered it in the past on here.
You need access to a large compressor, a high speed die grinder, and a carbide burr.
Remove bar end. Cut thru the threads with the burr down to the handle bar. Tap the threaded section with a punch and hammer and out it will come.
Then you have grips that hang over the end of the bars.

MY stupid solution was to cut the throttle tube shorter, and cut the grips off and ride on. Then later buy a new bar and throttle tube with out threaded ends.
Now the real solution to make you happy person is convertibars.com
Then you will know true happiness and all will be right with the world. Thats what I have now. They freaking rock.