Bad weather, bad decision, thank God for frame & axel sliders

Hellgate

Moto Demi-God
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm glad to hear you made it home in one piece Nelly, that gets scary.

Years ago I was caught in an early season snow storm. I was two up with my wife, and the snow was huge flakes that stuck to my face shield. We stopped at a gas station and I called a buddy. He dorve his car to the gas station, picked up my wife. I rode behind him on the frontage roads in the track that his car made in the snow. I think it took about an hour to go 20 miles. I was a frozen block when we finally made it to my apartment.

I'm glad you're safe. :thumbup:

Kazza

Administrator aka Mrs Prebstar
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad you and your baby are ok Nelly!

You did the right thing, both in pulling out of the way of the tailgater, and slowing down so much in those conditions.

I don't think "Hall of Shame" post was necessary - nothing to be shameful about at all :)

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Glad your ok Neil, looks like that frame slider came very close to damaging your frame...nmuch like my recent get off....

Glad your ok, glad the bike is ok, those riding conditions sound diabolical, but i suppose yopu had to keep going as far as you did, at least until you could find a safe haven..

Re the contact points...people, do as Neil has done, get yourself some fork sliders, everytime i have put an FZ6 on it's side, the fork sliders, or the bottom of the front forks have taken a hit...rear axle sliders are also a good idea...

As for frame sliders...i reckon the jury is out on their value with a cast frame, and insertable frame sliders....maybe caged sliders are a better option, regardless of the fact, that they are not the prettiest things in the world...

Once again, glad to see your ok!

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
cheers mate,

I would happily put caged slides on . If I could get hold of some.
Nelly