Backyard ride

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I took advantage of the beautiful NorCal weather on Monday and went for a short 100 mile ride out to the Pacific. Being only 10 minutes from my house I forget sometimes how lucky I am to have these roads in my own "backyard".
Hope you enjoy. :D

977 Alameda, San Carlos, CA 94070, USA to Woodside, CA, USA - Google Maps

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zF78txFTOD0]YouTube - Hwy 84 and Pescadero Rd[/ame]

chaskell27

Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe it's just me but every time I get on a road even remotely twisty I get stuck behind some grandma going half the speed of smell. Is there always that little traffic out there?

Last edited:

Hoshiko

Hoshiko
Reaction score
Visit site
First of all, I hate you, :Flip: Why did you have to remind all of the northerns of your perfect state. My brother in law who liven in San Fran and also rides, keeps making remarks of how much better CA is compared to NY and most of the time he is right.
Let me show you what I have few blocks outside my building, sorry no backyard, no front yard, no side yard. All my outdoor space is a 25 sq ft balcony.

Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed the music too.:thumbup:

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Maybe it's just me but every time I get on a road even remotely twisty I get stuck behind some grandma going have the speed of smell. Is there always that little traffic out there?

During the week traffic is pretty light. I got behind 3 cars and 1 cement truck, all of which pulled to the side and let me pass. :thumbup: On the weekends those roads are jammed with bikes and cars which is why, unless I'm riding with pals like Chemiker, I always ride on Mondays.

First of all, I hate you, Why did you have to remind all of the northerns of your perfect state. My brother in law who liven in San Fran and also rides, keeps making remarks of how much better CA is compared to NY and most of the time he is right.

You know, I almost didn't want to post the video because in all seriousness I feel bad for all of you suffering through the crappy weather in the other half of the country. :(

Way cool! Ride by Daddy O!
Who did the music?

Thanks Cliff. The music is Cantaloupe Island by Brian Bromberg.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Looks bloody awful! ;)

Dunno what i enjoyed more, going for ride through the Twisties "with you", or the tune!

Nice! Thanks for sharing.

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

ozzieboy

Avid 4WD Hunter
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
That's one of the things I like most about twisties....they are usually incredibly scenic, and that ride was no exception:thumbup:. Beautiful area to ride through:rockon:. I can understand why it fills up on weekends.

Also +1 on the music choice:D

412fz6

Decepticon
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice Video:thumbup:, I can't wait until it clears up around here. What camera and mount were you using? was that attached to the windscreen?

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Nice Video:thumbup:, I can't wait until it clears up around here. What camera and mount were you using? was that attached to the windscreen?

I used a GoPro HD motorsports camera with the included suction cup mount. I had it attached to the upper part of the windscreen. I tried putting it lower on the windscreen closer to the Yamaha logo thinking there would be less vibration but actually it ended up being the reverse and the video was unusable.

graysky

Reaction score
Visit site
Great video!
That's my daily commute route. Beautiful road! Rode up to Alice's this past weekend myself, weather was perfect.

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Great video! I know those roads well, as I commute them daily as well! Graysky is my father, in case y'all were wondering how two FZ'ers have the same commute. lol

Like lefty said, during the week, traffic during the week ain't too bad, depends on the day and time though. The weekends are hit and miss, but usually pretty packed, especially once the weather warms up. It's all the flatlanders in their cars that ruin it. Oh, and watch out on the weekends for CHP on skyline and hwy9. They've made it a routine patrol now, as I see them all the time up there now.

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great video! I know those roads well, as I commute them daily as well! Graysky is my father, in case y'all were wondering how two FZ'ers have the same commute. lol

Like lefty said, during the week, traffic during the week ain't too bad, depends on the day and time though. The weekends are hit and miss, but usually pretty packed, especially once the weather warms up. It's all the flatlanders in their cars that ruin it. Oh, and watch out on the weekends for CHP on skyline and hwy9. They've made it a routine patrol now, as I see them all the time up there now.

Thanks for the heads up on the CHP situation. I don't go flat out anymore but in the curves I'm sure it would be enough for the CHP to ask for my autograph. :spank: And to avoid the LEO and crowd problems, I try to go riding during the week unless I'm with pals.

That must be cool for you and your dad to be able to go riding. :thumbup:

Last edited:

novaks47

Yeah!
Reaction score
Visit site
Yeah, during the week is the best. You can sometimes go up at the perfect time, and get zero traffic.

And the two La Honda cops don't seem to care much about traffic enforcement until the weekends. lol Even then, they'll usually leave the cars alone. You'd have to be tearing through La Honda, or really flying elsewhere for them to even bother. 40-50mph, they won't even look twice. Heck, I was rapidly catching up to one of them, in the first section(in your vid), in my car, going around 60, and I slowed down once I realized it was a cop, and he couldn't have cared less. Just don't tear through La Honda, and don't run the stop signs at the 84/Skyline intersection, and all will be fine. :thumbup:

Haha, me and my father have gone on a whopping two rides together. I'm usually either taking it easy or working on something when he goes to ride, and vise versa. He's way faster than me too, which doesn't help. LOL I'm working on it though!

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Great video & a great little ride , you really are spoilt :thumbup:

Just do me one favour , get on the other side of the road where you belong :BLAA: It dangerous to ride on the right ;)

Lefty

Quis, mihi fatigo?
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Thanks Humpy, I know that I'm spoiled :D
Actually we're supposed to have rain off and on next week, what am I going to do? :BLAA:
Hey, don't mess with me about riding on the "wrong" side of the road...I'm confused most of the time as it is!:eek: