Backyard Fabricators

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
I was just going back through some of the recent mod threads and was amazed at the ingenuity and imagination of many of the recent mods. When I first joined the forum the bulk of the mods were of the 'buy and bolt' variety.

Looking at 4drfocus, ChevyFazer, phrank2k11, and many others prompted me to start visiting their pages and leaving them visitor messages, to say thank you to them for posting up and sharing the amazing work.

Then I realized there were just way too many for me to catch them all, so....

To all of you 'Backyard Fabricators' thank you for your creativity, ingenuity and willingness to take the time to post up and share some very cool stuff. :thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
Not to take away from others but......

I'm going to call you the Mod King on this forum!
I mean making your own forms for the exhaust! I mean pouring castings for the tips of your exhaust in your driveway!!! Wrapping your own cans from carbon fiber! Installing LED lights in the exhaust tips! C'mon John! Milling your own triples!!! LMAO!

Then I've been to your house and seen what you've done with the addition to it!

You have a special gift.....

Thank you!!!! :bow: :bow: :bow:

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hail to all ye tinkering Gods, that do what you do, so I can do what I do.

Nelly:thumbup:

ebster1085

Reaction score
Visit site
Agreed with the above, I think most of us should be thanking you! Just checked out your two albums and actually had a few questions:

1. In looking at the custom exhaust you made, where did you get that oval shape CF tubing from? Last year I bought a "Two Bros" CF slip on system off someone on ebay. While it came in a Two Bros box and looks very legit, there were some question marks surrounding it. Looking at that tubing you used, I am now thinking this person did in fact build the cans in a similar way that you did. More can be found on my thread here:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/41237-fake-two-brothers-exhaust.html

2. How is the R6 rear swingarm conversion coming along? Havent seen an update to your thread in quite some time.

jtarkany

Ronin
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.vcoe.org
Agreed with the above, I think most of us should be thanking you! Just checked out your two albums and actually had a few questions:

1. In looking at the custom exhaust you made, where did you get that oval shape CF tubing from? Last year I bought a "Two Bros" CF slip on system off someone on ebay. While it came in a Two Bros box and looks very legit, there were some question marks surrounding it. Looking at that tubing you used, I am now thinking this person did in fact build the cans in a similar way that you did. More can be found on my thread here:

http://www.600riders.com/forum/fz6-mods/41237-fake-two-brothers-exhaust.html

2. How is the R6 rear swingarm conversion coming along? Havent seen an update to your thread in quite some time.

1. I got the carbon fiber tubing here: Carbon Fiber Tubing

2. The R6 swingarm conversion is complete, just working on fabricating the new subframe for the seat. I am holding off on photos and updates until I finish the whole project, hopefully by the end of June.

ChevyFazer

Redneck MacGyver
Reaction score
Visit site
I was just going back through some of the recent mod threads and was amazed at the ingenuity and imagination of many of the recent mods. When I first joined the forum the bulk of the mods were of the 'buy and bolt' variety.

Looking at 4drfocus, ChevyFazer, phrank2k11, and many others prompted me to start visiting their pages and leaving them visitor messages, to say thank you to them for posting up and sharing the amazing work.

Then I realized there were just way too many for me to catch them all, so....

To all of you 'Backyard Fabricators' thank you for your creativity, ingenuity and willingness to take the time to post up and share some very cool stuff. :thumbup:

Coming from the man who literally smelted his own end caps, that means a lot!!!

I think it would be fair to say that you are the "God Father" of backyard fabricators!!!