Back in the saddle

Flydoc

Reaction score
Visit site
I'm back, Baby! Today, for the first time since I broke my leg on my FZ6 back in November, I was able to fire it up and ride. I can't begin to covey how great it felt to once again cruise down the road on my bike. I took it easy, and headed to the local high school parking lot to practice low speed turns and higher speed breaking. It didn't take long to get comfortable once again. It's still a bit cold out for extended riding, but as soon as the weather improves, some longer rides will be in order. But no more muddy gravel roads on street tires (that's how I broke my leg).

REO Scorpio

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome back!

It's a great feeling that first ride back after any kind of off, but can be a little intimidating.

Cheers to you for the decision on heading straight for a parking lot. A good head helps make for a lifetime of happy and safe riding.

Scorpio

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome back buddy. Glad you took the time off seriously and got that leg rehab'd. Take it slow, as you said, at first until you really feel comfy back on the bike. It'll take longer than you think.:thumbup:

Motogiro

Vrrroooooom!
Staff member
Elite Member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Visit site
I know the feeling of being off for healing. Great to have you back! :D

jrevans

Old-School Member
Reaction score
jrevans.fbody.com
Agreed, great that you're healed up and back on the bike!

I pushed my FZ6 out of the garage the other day to get some room to work in the garage, then pushed it back in....

Erci

Howie Mandel's evil twin
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome back!!

Amazing how we take normal every day stuff for granted and how incredibly great it feels when we come back to doing regular things after not being able to do them for a while! :thumbup:

caliboy02r1

Reaction score
Visit site
Glad to hear you are back on the saddle. I haven't had a bike in six years and finally got my fz6 two weeks ago and it feels amazing. Good thing you didnt wait as long as I did.

Nelly

International Liaison
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I'm back, Baby! Today, for the first time since I broke my leg on my FZ6 back in November, I was able to fire it up and ride. I can't begin to covey how great it felt to once again cruise down the road on my bike. I took it easy, and headed to the local high school parking lot to practice low speed turns and higher speed breaking. It didn't take long to get comfortable once again. It's still a bit cold out for extended riding, but as soon as the weather improves, some longer rides will be in order. But no more muddy gravel roads on street tires (that's how I broke my leg).
getwellbear.gif

Hurrah back in the saddle, well done.
Nelly