Australia bound!

Puz

Reaction score
Visit site
G'day guys 'n' Gals!

Heading out to start my new job in Brisbane in a few weeks time so sadly the FZ6 will prob have to be sold off for some extra funds.

Quick question... Does anyone know the differences in the bike market in Aus compared to the UK? From what I can figure out (can't find too many Aussie bike guide websites!?) the models vary a bit. Like you can't get a Yammy MT-03 out there?! Wouldn't mind another FZ6, it's been fantastic but quite like Supermoto's too... There don't seem to be any 0% interest deals either? Perhaps I'm barking up the wrong tree and just not lookin in the right places. :thumbup:

Stumbles06

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Puz, welcome to the "Land down-under".

MT-03 doesn't exist here, the closest thing to that would be the XT660X...
Yamaha Motor Australia

A mate of mine had a Husaberg Supermotard, man that was an awesome bike (especially in his hands, the guy was a riding freak.. all 6'6" and 350 pounds of him..lol)

You get 0% interest deals over there OMG. Sorry mate, nothing like that exists here either, the banks/finance companies screw you for everything you've got down here.. unfortunately.

:)

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6's are about $11000 + On road costs, new, in Australia. A good second hand FZ6 goes for between $7000 - $8000, depending on year, mileage, and condition.

Bikes are expensive in Oz, as are spares, aftermarket parts, and riding gear!

I have a heavily modded FZ6, and i have found it a lot cheaper to buy the big ticket items from the US, and get them shipped to Australia via Airfreight...is a lot cheaper, and a lot quicker!

:eek:

Discofrank

Reaction score
Visit site
FZ6's are about $11000 + On road costs, new, in Australia. A good second hand FZ6 goes for between $7000 - $8000, depending on year, mileage, and condition.

Bikes are expensive in Oz, as are spares, aftermarket parts, and riding gear!

I have a heavily modded FZ6, and i have found it a lot cheaper to buy the big ticket items from the US, and get them shipped to Australia via Airfreight...is a lot cheaper, and a lot quicker!

:eek:

pretty much he said it dude :)

even worse in WA

when u get here check out bikesales.com.au
u might find a used one with bling on it :)

ohh and u can get NAKEDS here

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
pretty much he said it dude :)

even worse in WA

when u get here check out bikesales.com.au
u might find a used one with bling on it :)

ohh and u can get NAKEDS here

Yes, it's better to buy secondhand, privately, in Oz....dealerships generally ask premium prices.

Most riders in Australia mod their bikes, with at least decent exhaust, levers, etc, and as such, you will find that a decent modded bike secondhand bike, is no more expensive than a bike that still has all it's OEM stuff.

Wolfman

Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers fella's!

Better get saving I reckon... Unless I can smuggle my bike on the plane somehow?! :rockon:

Wonder how much that would cost? might be an option? Customs duties? Shipping rate?

It might be cheaper than you think?

:thumbup:

Puz

Reaction score
Visit site
Weird I know but I'm looking forward to the Queensland winter more! Looks to be warm and dry instead of the hot & wetter summer. Sounds perfect for some long distances. Can't wait :)

Humperdinkel

Resident Rumologist
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Welcome to the land of Vegemite , Kanga's and Drop Bears :thumbup: LOL and u picked the best place to come to aswell , Brisvegas Baby Yeah :rockon:... Home of Rum Rum and Rum ohh and XXXX but only coz QLDers cant spell Beer , seriously tho welcome and get urself on an FZ real quick mate so we get u out exploring the country side without the rain interuptions....... In QLD u can pick up a decent late model FZ fo unda $8000 we dont have the huge taxes the other states have , i bought mine new for $9700 ride away.....

OZXJR

Super Moderator
Elite Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Cheers fella's!

Better get saving I reckon... Unless I can smuggle my bike on the plane somehow?! :rockon:

A friend of mine bought his BMW back from Europe with him back in the 80's , wasn't to bad then.

Also from what others have told me ,If you crate it up and remove the wheels but still put them in the same crate you can bring it in as parts .

sam2008

Reaction score
Visit site
Extradition law in Australia is the formal process under Australian law by which a fugitive found outside one jurisdiction is surrendered to the jurisdiction where an alleged offense has taken place for trial or punishment.