Audi style LEDs on 2007 FZ6

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
Anyone do this mod? I have my LED's on order and I also ordered an automatic headlight sensor to turn the main headlights on at twilight. One question I have is how difficult is it to remove the front lights to install the LEDs inside the light housing? Anyone ever have to get to the front lights? Any instructions available so I don't break anything? Thanks for any help and I will take pics along the way. Wish me luck! :thumbup:

UPDATE - 6-25-2009: Received the Auto Light Sensor, waiting for the LED's, shipping today from Oznium.

Last edited:

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I was going to do this mod but havent had time. Ive had my headlight open to install the projectors and it isnt that hard. Just search projector headlight installs and there are more than enough info in those threads to help you along the way. did you get these ones?...

DSC03074.jpg

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
I was going to do this mod but havent had time. Ive had my headlight open to install the projectors and it isnt that hard. Just search projector headlight installs and there are more than enough info in those threads to help you along the way. did you get these ones?...

Yeh it looks the same... I have received them yet but I got them fro Oznium.com.. ill search..thanks...

rsw81

Keep it Kosher
Reaction score
Visit site
Hey Laz, hit me up when you get those in under the projectors. That could look pretty damn sweet in there! Definitely a lot cleaner looking than they woiuld be under the stock reflectors.

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
Im taking the front end apart in next couple of weeks to put some AllBalls Steering Head bearings in. I'll do the install then. I'll be watching for your finished results

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
Received the LED's yesterday! Gonna try and start on the Mod this week and I may not need both 19" of LED's I am debating to circle the entire headlight lens or just do the bottom part. Audi style.

19" Flexible LED from Ozium.com

3673390937_eb6567b70c.jpg

Auto Twilight Sensor

The sensor system comes with a Control Module, Light Sensor, Toggle Switch (turns the headlights on manually), Two Relays (didn't read up on what they are for yet) and what looks like good directions.
3674200486_548fd1c2fd.jpg

Last edited:

clunk

Apprentice
Reaction score
Visit site
Are you actually mounting inside the headlight unit (i.e. bake and remove the lens)? Or are you drilling holes in the fairing to poke the LEDs through?

I thought I read that heat and LEDs don't mix well, so you probably want to give them some distance from your headlights ...

lazamus69

Heavy User
Premium Member
Reaction score
Visit site
I dont want to sound like a complete idiot but....whats the light sensor for? Are you gonna have just the LEDS on during the day and headlights at night?
Im rollin High-beams on almost 24-7 while riding. :rockon:

stevesnj

Reaction score
Visit site
Are you actually mounting inside the headlight unit (i.e. bake and remove the lens)? Or are you drilling holes in the fairing to poke the LEDs through?.

Yeh Im going to remove the lens I don't want to drill into the fairing

whats the light sensor for? Are you gonna have just the LEDS on during the day and headlights at night?

Yep ( I will have the ability to manually turn the lights back on during the day f I feel I need to)

Sounds like a neat idea to do just the bottom Audi style.

I think I may do just that :rockon:

Last edited:

Boneman

Instructor
Elite Member
Reaction score
www.bonemanfz6.com
That is looking AWESOME!!!!

Man, If I ever get around to replacing my HID projectors, I'm goona add these in for sure!!!! Great mod!!!!! :thumbup: